Friday, November 27, 2009

R2 Day 51 - Plyo, ARX

Yesterday I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, which was tough after a two week break from it, and today I did Plyo and ARX, which is a monster workout but I did really well and I enjoyed it. Just finished four small homemade pizzas, so I don't really want to move much for a while. I didn't do a blog last night because I was playing Mass Effect. Hmmmm. After a couple of hours I'm hesitant to continue playing it, but I did spend fifty dollars on it and everyone says it's good so... First, I hate third person games. Third-person combat is so awkward and fiddly, and they have to put so much attention into faces and everything. Half-Life is ten years old, and still no-one else can beat it. I have choices of what to say when I'm talking to someone. The choices are I can sound like an asshole, a pussy, or a normal person. Wow, thanks. The game looks okay, though not as good as I expected, and the music is really good. I'll give it another go, but another ho-hum experience like last night and I'm back to Counter-Strike and Valve games, and I'll probably never bother buying another non-Valve game again. Even during the first cut-scene, I was thinking, this is going to end, and then I have to run everywhere (my character can't walk - I hate that) and ask people stuff and fumble my way through a gun fight and - sigh, I wish it was just a movie so I wouldn't have to do all this stuff just to get me to the next cutscene. The beauty of Half-Life was that there were no cutscenes. No stepping outside the first-person perspective of Gordon Freeman ever. Ah Half Life, will they ever make the likes of you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment