Monday, November 9, 2009

R2 Day 32 - ARX

For some reason today I just felt worn out and lazy all day. I got plenty of sleep and ate well, but I just had no energy. I played with Will and got through the day all the while knowing that I had Yoga X coming up and thinking that it was just what I needed, but then also thinking it was the last thing I wanted to do. About dinner time I decided just to do a normal yoga and ARX, but when I got down to the garage and started Yoga the intensity was non-existent and I was just counting down the minutes. I knew it would be a waste of time so I turned it off, did Ab Ripper X, had a shower, watched some TV and went to bed. Jo Jo woke up in the middle of the night a few times, so I'm pretty tired now (Monday morning).
I'm thinking of buying some kangaroo burger patties. There's a place here that sells them, and I miss eating hamburgers and don't want to eat the shit that passes for hamburger mince here - usually a mixture of beef and pork. God knows how many animals and what parts of them are in those things. They're about ten dollars for three patties, so they're pretty expensive, but no more expensive than a fast-food burger. But then again I'm hesitant because I like kangaroos. The ones I've met have been pretty friendly, and they are our national animal. Still, cows are pretty nice two, and I have been personally responsible for the slaughter of thousands of them, so a roo or two won't make much difference.
My story appeared on the 365tomorrows on Sunday. Something funny happened. My story is about a guy lost in the jungle who is saved by the local tribespeople who think he is Jesus. I intentionally made him look like Jesus by him having a beard and wearing underpants and being all scratched up and stuff. But in the story I had him cut out some kind of responder from his hand, his palm actually, so the enemy couldn't use it to detect his location. So it looks like stigmata. But when I was writing it that thought never occurred to me. I thought, well, he's a soldier from the future, so he must have some kind of chip in him, like a GPS chip, and if he wanted to escape he would have to get rid of it. I think I originally had it in his thigh, but I thought that would be too hard to cut out, so I made it in his palm. No reason. That was the only conscious thought I applied to it. But of course, if a tribesperson was to think someone was Jesus, he would look at the palms and expect to see a wound there where he had been crucified. The only time I realised I'd done this was when I read someone's comments in the web site's forum yesterday. Weird. The subconscious is an amazing thing.

1 comment:

  1. really love the story JIm. you have a definite ability to write. does this story continue?

    ReplyDelete