Tuesday, November 17, 2009

R2 Day 41 - Legs & Back

I am so glad that I got to bed early, because at around two o'clock Will woke up crying and shivering and burning up. Immediately we thought swine flu, or new-style flu as it's called here, because heaps of kids from his kindergarten have it and the girl he was playing with on Sunday has it now. So I agreed to take the day off work so Junko could take him to the doctor's and I would look after Jo Jo. There's no work to do anyway. Will finally went back to sleep (in my bed, so I'm thinking, well, may as well get this over and done with - if I'm going to get it, get it now etc), but when he woke up in the morning the fever was gone, but he had a little cough and was obviously not a hundred percent. So Junko took him to the doctor's, and it turns out he's got a normal cold. It was good news, of course, but it meant that the flu was still in our future somewhere when we we both kind of ready to deal with it now. Nah, it's good news.
So I thought, well, the day off work, let's really smash Legs & Back, and I did. 88 pull ups this week, 5 better than last week and 29 more than I did in week 1. It's amazing how quickly you can gain and lose pull ups. It's encouraging, and also a lesson as to how important a good night's sleep is, something I don't do often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment