Friday, November 13, 2009

R2 Day 36 - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps today. I like this one. I am able to reach failure on so many of the exercises. Like the plyo push ups, where you have to push yourself up and do a clap in between push ups. I can do 15 or 16 until I do a clap and then I am unable to support my body weight and collapse onto my chest. That's the thing about this workout, you reach failure, and then a few minutes later you have to use the same muscles again. It's great.
I see Tiger shot a 66 the first round. Last night I was thinking, he probably hasn't played against a weaker field in his professional career. The only players that you would say are 'internationally' any good are Ogilvy, Appleby, Scott, and Baddelly, who have all had horror seasons (especially Scott, who should consider retirement), and you might throw in Pampling on a good day. By rights Tiger should win by ten shots. I'm looking at the leader board now - a smorgasbord of whose that? Dufner, Grace, Hall, Nitties? Villegas. You might have heard of him. Actually, you haven't. You've heard of his brother. Of course, if someone putts the lights out they might beat him, or if Tiger suddenly starts shanking it he might lose it, but looking at the top ten, who can come close? The way Tiger usually wins now is that he stays a shot or two ahead until the final few holes, when he makes a birdie and the others make bogeys. My prediction: Tiger by three shots.
I'm not feeling real flash at the moment. I've got a little bit of a headache and for some reason I'm making a lot of typing errors, in particular getting letters mixed up, like typing untli instead of until. I better not get the swine flu. I've been washing my hands religiously for weeks and staying away from the Chinese guys at work as much as possible because they are dirty fuckers (is it racist if it's true?) but those germs will find a way. Probably the place that will infect me is the train. Packed in a stuffy carriage for ten minutes a day will probably do it. My last recorded illness was exactly one year ago. I know I can't not be sick again ever, but damn I hate the thought of feeling shit now that I feel great.
Mad Men's over, Flash Forward is boring, and I've even lost the urge to watch Californication even though I enjoy it. Bill Maher's finished too. No footy either. I have been watching the HBO series 24-7 about the Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto fight this Saturday. It's really interesting. It's a great idea, and it will definately make the fight more interesting knowing all of the people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment