Friday, October 9, 2009

Round 2 Day 1 - Chest & Back

I have to say, it's good to be back. I ate a lot of crap and drank a lot of beer in Australia, and it was great fun, but this time it's for real. I want to get into awesome shape, and then decide what I want to do with my fitness at the start of next year. Hiking, maybe some light mountain climbing? Whatever.
When I was in Oz I saw some N.O.Explode at the health shop. This is a pre-workout drink, basically just flavoured caffeine powder you mix with water. The tubs cost about $120 each, so I didn't bother, but I did buy some little satchels of something called 'Black Powder', which is just another brand of the same stuff. These were 1 serving packets, so I had half last night before my workout because I didn't want to be up all night. It didn't have much of an effect, though I did feel a little jittery, and it wasn't pleasant. I can only guess what two or three scoops must feel like. I won't make a habit of using it, and I'm glad I didn't buy a tub of the stuff, though some people swear by it.
Anyway, the workout went okay. The first round numbers were good, almost as good as the last week of round 1 P90X. The second round was a different story. How do you know when you bonk? When you can't even hold yourself up when you're doing the cat camel stretch at the end. Seriously, I did that on my elbows. Round 2 diamond push ups? Zero. Couldn't do one. I just had no energy left. It was great. I left Ab Ripper X for this morning, which was as tough as usual, though I did all of it.
So, it's good to be back. I'm sore today, and looking forward to bringing it for Plyo tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment