Friday, October 23, 2009

R2 Day 16 - Plyo, ARX

I spent most of the day translating a manual which, in Japanese, is titled the "Operation Preparation Confirmation Function Operation Manual". No shit. Basically it is a function that, if enabled, will force the operator to click "Yes" one more time before being able to start the machine. No one will enable it. This is my job. It has contributed to the feeling I've had all week that professionally I am a coward/loser. The only way out is hard work, and I feel like I'm banging against a wall I've built that prevents me from doing what I need to do to improve my situation. Working out and getting fit, that daily victory over being lazy and putting things off and taking the easy way out has almost got me over the wall. It's not really about looking good or feeling good for me anymore. It's about being in control. When I feel the motivation slipping or I feel like I'm not on top of things, things get to me, and it only makes what I need to do harder.
So when I got home from work today I used all this frustration and tension to power me through Plyo, and I bust shit up. After round 3 I turned it off and did ARX, and when I did that, I turned Plyo back on and finished it. It felt awesome. I'm really getting back into the swing of it again, and I'm looking forward to some great results in a month or two. I saw a punching bag in the shop on the way home. I'd like to get one and just pound on the fucker, and I think Will would enjoy it too, because he's always punching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment