Wednesday, October 21, 2009

R2 Day 13 - Kenpo X, ARX

Kenpo X flew by again. I was really able to maintain the intensity the whole way through. ARX just flat out hurt. It destroyed me.
My equipment is starting to feel the pain. My yoga mat is slowly disintegrating. I've been using it just about every day and now when I use is I get covered with little bits of rubber. Time to turf it, I think. I think this is what is causing the skin on the sole of my big toe to split every time I do Yoga or stretching. Which sucks. My set up is pretty good, with my fan, TV, dumbbells, pull up bar, crappy CD player that I bought years ago, but it's still kind of all over the place. I would like to fix the space up a little. It definitely needs a clean. My pull up bar is starting to suck, too. I'm going to have to spend some yen to fix it up, which I might do on the weekend. There are two problems with it. Basically it's like a towel rack, but the bar turns inside the brackets. It's a pretty snug fit though. I can't get a layer of tape in through the brackets. It gets all wrapped and and ripped at the edges of them. So I want to somehow stop the bar from turning. Maybe I night try hammering some wooden wedges in between the bar and the brackets just to jam it in place. That might work. Second problem is a little easier. The tape I used for grip is just normal insulation tape and it sucks. If I can get the bar to stop turning, I'll definitely get some tennis racquet handle tape or something like that. But with the bar turning, I can't use any energy in a lateral direction, if you know what I mean. Everything has to be straight up or down, or the bar turns. It might be helping my form, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment