Monday, March 1, 2010

3Resurrection - Day 15. X Stretch Rest

I had a good weekend this weekend. I have been so busy at work the last couple of weeks that only on Friday did I feel like I had wrestled control over the volume of work that I have, and that's only after handing in two pretty shoddily-done reports that I hope I never see again. The problem with being busy in this job is that I am busy translating drivel that no-one will read, when I could be doing other things like studying or reading motivating blogs or writing a post myself. I get a bit down because when I'm busy it's kind of in my face that I have no interest in what I'm employed to do, and that's totally my fault. I should be trying to get into translating stuff about golf or something, only I'm not. Another thing to work on this year when I get over this hump.
I've booked in for Japanese lessons at the library starting Saturday. Will and I went down there and applied, and there were a couple of Americans hanging around the International Centre. "I love meat!" the American chick was telling everyone in the room. Living in Japan, I have come to appreciate how most Americans love life and genuinely seem interested in the people around them. I can see how when a Japanese student goes to America for a few years, they come back almost fluent in English. I'm sure it's a bit hard to take in large doses, but it seems everyone wants to talk and tell you about themselves and find out about you. I've been here ten years and all Japanese people are interested in is what Japanese food I don't like. So this American woman is all over Will, and gives him a chocolate, but it's a liquor chocolate. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" But Will loved her. "Why did she say sorry?" he asked me later as we shared the chocolate (I only gave him a little bit). "She said there's beer in the chocolate," I said, "and she knows you don't like beer." "Beer in the chocolate? That's crazy," he said, chuckling. I'm looking forward to the lessons though. I don't care how hard or easy it is, I just want to talk.
Will's kinder had it's farewell ceremony for the older kids on Saturday morning. When I walked into the community theatre where it was being held it looked like a press conference was going to happen with all the cameras on tripods that were set up. Gotta record these precious moments. GOT TO! Of course I take a few shots myself, but I like to watch my son do stuff with my own eyes and make an effort to commit them to memory. And! I want him to see me watching him, not fucking around with the white balance or something. So Will had a good time and did great on stage, but got a little tired and shirty at the end of it. Fair enough. So we went and had ramen, and Joey Jo Jo had his first taste of ice-cream. It is an amazing thing to be there when your child experiences something as simple and pleasurable as having ice cream for the very first time. He loved it, of course.
The workouts have been going gangbusters. I feel really strong, and after the Yoga workout tonight, I'm going to really concentrate on lifting my intensity this week. I've been hesitant to do so because of that cold or virus or strip throat I had, but this week I'm going to bring it!
Oh yea, we're going to Hawaii again in a month. Book a ticket and we'll meet up in Waikiki! First week of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment