Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tiger back for the Masters

Tiger's BACK! The Masters. This will be the biggest event in the history of the world. I'm a little surprised he is coming straight back for a major and not getting in some match practice beforehand. He really should have started his comeback last week at Doral, a tournament which has been really good for him, but he didn't, and Ernie Els won. I like Ernie, great player, but he's Tiger's bunny, so the victory was a little empty. They are talking about "the asterisk" that should be put besides the winner's name while Tiger has been taking these breaks. Spot on.
Will Tiger be rusty? It's not like last time when he was injured. He's been practicing like a madman for weeks, but nothing can compensate for match fitness. Can he concentrate for four days? At the Masters? On the flukiest course in the world? Doubt it. He chose the Masters because it's protected. The press and the fans won't get too close. I wonder if anyone in the crowd will risk getting thrown out of the Masters and give him some stick? I hope so. What will the hecklers say? Tiger's caddie and major asshole Steve Williams says he "will not tolerate" hecklers. Tosser. It's going to be awesome hearing what comes out of the galleries this year. The US Open, easily the rowdiest crowd in golf, will be bananas.
This is his third extended break. The first was after his dad died in 2006 and he took 9 weeks off. He came back for the US Open and missed the cut. He later said he wasn't ready emotionally. The second was last year when he had knee surgery and was out for nine months, and it took three tournaments to get back to winning form. This time it's different because he's fit, and maybe he feels unburdened and freer that he has for a long time. Maybe he feels like his life is back on track. But only a fool would say he's going to win the Masters. I'm not saying he won't, but if he does, I would be shocked, and it would probably say as much about the other pros on the tour as it does about him; ie. they all suck. My prediction? Tiger will miss the cut, which will suck but it will also diffuse the media circus shit-storm hysteria that will undoubtedly occur.
I've got a headache. Sometimes I wonder why I get headaches after I eat chocolate. Could it be that I get headaches after I eat chocolate because I eat chocolate? ...not sure. How about I don't eat chocolate? I guess I could try that. Going to tomorrow.
I rode my motorbike in to work today. It's still probably a little too cold in the mornings, but it's so much more fun and quicker that riding my bicycle to the station, catching the train, and working to work. Plus it gives me another ten or twenty minutes at home in the morning. My indicators weren't working properly, but now they seem to have healed themselves. I still find it amazing when electrical products break and then start working again.
We cut Will's hair last night. One of friends got his hair cut, so Will had to get his hair cut too. I was going to ask him what he would do if his friend jumped off a cliff and so on, but decided against it, and just cut his hair. I didn't do a bad job, except for the big chunk of hair I accidentally took out at the back of his neck trying to tidy it up. To even it out I had to keep going further up his neck and the back of his head, so it looks like the hair on the back of his head finishes around level with his ears. Who cares? He doesn't.
I did Yoga on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and took a day off yesterday. I'll do it again tonight after my lesson with Nori (still waiting to hear about the Omiai and see his new car), but I'm feeling really restless and want to start bringing it again soon, something to tide me over 'till Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. Mum got headaches when she ate chocolate.... so she didnt eat it, much X

    ReplyDelete