Sunday, March 7, 2010

3Resurrection - Day 22. Mammoth UML, ARX

Man, these weekends aren't long enough. Went out for sushi for lunch again yesterday. Great Granma's shout. It's been raining a lot here, not as much as in Melbourne, though.
I did almost all of the workouts I wanted to this weekend, including an extra X Stretch, which was awesome. Friday night I did On One Leg, a One on One with Tony workout series. It wasn't very strenuous, but interesting. All it is is just some simple weights work on one leg. It's interesting because when you do these exercises you soon forget about the exercise you're doing and start concentrating on the foot and the calf of the foot on the ground, because it's just going crazy trying to keep you balanced. The core is working hard too. So on Saturday my calves had a bit of an ache, which is a good sign. Saturday I did Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit and Ab Ripper X. Damn this workout is hard. I nearly finished it yet again, about 95%. I feel much stronger than I did a month or so ago when I started doing Insanity workouts for real, but I just can't get over them. It's mental now, I think. It's when I get to the second to last round, and I'm sweating and breathing hard, and then the next exercise starts and I think, nah, need a rest. That's when I stop for ten, twenty seconds before getting into it again. The next time I do it I'll have to commit to not doing that, no matter what. I did X Stretch too, which I needed, and then last night I did Massive UML, also from the One on One with Tony workout series.I was halfway through Mammoth UML when the video on my iPod started messing around and I had to abandon it. It's the first time I've done this workout, so I didn't know the video was crap. Ah well. I'll do it again in the next couple of days. It looks pretty good. I was doing it with Willy, too. He tried to do a push up and hit his chin in the floor and cut his lip. Not too badly, though. Anyway, a big weekend, and I'm stiff and sore today. Good times. Really good times.
This week I'm going to try a news blackout. I have downloaded a shitload of audio books to listen to to and from work, and I'm not going to look at the news websites while I'm at work. I'm sure that if the world ends someone will tell me about it. It's just too depressing. Kids being murdered, politicians refusing to face reality, pages and pages of whining and bitching. I don't need it. I don't really care about the Oscars. I watched The Hurt Locker ages ago and I thought it was just an action movie trying too hard to be loved, but no real action or message. It's hard to feel sympathetic towards a main character that won't live very much longer, and who continuously endangers the men under his command who really do want to live. I didn't like him. But I guess it doesn't have much competition this year. I haven't watched a movie since Avatar, and that was what, two months ago?
I'm getting exited about next month, though. Hawaii for a week, then The Masters. If Tiger's not back for the Masters, I don't know what's going on. And if he's back for the Masters, he has to play in a tournament before that to get a rhythm going. So that gives him a month to come back. He's practicing every day all day, I hear. Probably better than being at home with his wife. The last few Masters have been really boring. They've been toughening up the course so Tiger doesn't win it every year, which is what the golf authorities have always done when a dominant player comes along, and they've turned the Masters, usually the most exciting tournament of the year, into the US Open, the most gruelling. I kind of hope Tiger comes back and wins it, but then I would rather Ogilvy win it or someone else good, like Mickelson or Els. I would love to see Ryo Ishikawa in contention. He's massive here, but it's hard to tell how good Japanese sports stars are internationally because they are so hyped here, but he looks the goods. He played awesome in the Accenture matchplay, beating Aussie Michael Sim (the best young Australian playing) in a great first round match. Won the last three to win 2 up. He seems to have that talent Tiger has of hitting the shot when he has to. He swings it like Greg Norman, with an amazing rhythm, and spanks it. He's only 18, too. I can't wait to see how he reacts to pressure. He might be the rival Tiger needs to get his mind off the skanks and back on the game.
Also, the Japanese lesson I went to at the library on Saturday morning was great. Perfect level. The old guy who teaches is a bit of a sleazy guy. I really enjoyed it. I just wish it didn't take a whole morning, which is a quarter of my weekend now!
The kids are calling it "hazing"

No comments:

Post a Comment