Saturday, March 13, 2010

Exertion headache

I got another headache last night ten minutes into Shoulders & Arms. I had to stop. The pain is intense, and pretty scary. They're called exertion headaches, and are pretty common apparently. So I'm going to ditch my workouts until I get back from Hawaii in three or so weeks. instead, I'm really going to concentrate on my food, eat as well as I possibly can. I'm going to walk a lot, and do lots of stretching and Yoga. ARX, too. No crazy cardio, no weights. Obviously my head is telling me to slow down, take it easy. I can only put it down to too much stress. I've been so busy at work for the last few weeks, and at home I haven't had much time to just chill, so that's what I'm going to do.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea, man. Rest is just as important as the workouts and getting injured will lay you out far longer than if you just took a rest, recuperated and got back to it when you are fresher. Hope you have an awesome time in Hawaii (ps I hope you like Japanese tourists because you'll see a tonne of them there [at least I did when I went last time!])

    ReplyDelete