Tuesday, February 23, 2010

3Resurrection - Day 8. Legs & Back

Legs & Back today. I squeezed out one less pull-up than I did a couple of weeks ago, and that's okay because I've been out of sorts. 67. I'm still wary of giving it 100% intensity. I'm holding back for some reason. I've got to really start bringing it again.
For the first time, I skipped Dreya's 3 direction kicks and the sneaky lunges. They do nothing for me, and I usually just rush through them anyway. It shortens a long workout by about five minutes, which is welcome. Another thing, after the close grip overhand pullups in round 2, is it my imagination or is Tony about to pass out? He looks like he's in trouble, and then he kind of stumbles. "I'm falling over!" he says. Then the guy does 60 of those those 60-40 squats straight up. Wow.
Well, I bought dad a DVD player that can play DivX. Fuck it. It's only $70. Problem is, I bought it online at JB HiFi, an Australian retailer. It's a good chance they'll mess the order up. When I order books through Japanese Amazon, they often arrive the evening of the next day. It's unbelievable. I can imagine a group of guys standing at attention around the computer. "We have just received an order!" screams the stock controller, ripping the sheet from the printer and shoving it into the hands of a uniformed stock hand. "Go! Go! Go!" In Australia the I imagine the guy doesn't notice an order has come through for hours because he's too busy having bongs in his car out the back. We'll see. I figure it's probably the same amount of money as I would spend buying all the genuine Lost DVDs for him, and then afterwards he would have a DVD player that could play any downloaded stuff I wanted to send him.

No comments:

Post a Comment