Friday, January 1, 2010

R2 Day 85 - Plyo, ARX

Did Chest & Back yesterday, and Plyo and Ab Ripper X today. Both times Will came down to the garage with me to exercise. I took the weights off the 5 kilo dumbbells and gave him just the bars, and it was so cute. On one hand it's kind of distracting to have him around the heavy weights and running around in the little space (I kicked his hand during military march today and he cried for a minute) but then on the other hand it's distracting, if you know what I mean. Both workout went really quick. Plus of course I want to encourage him to exercise and get some strength in the future. He's only four and a half now, but seeing me exercising and doing weights has to be better that seeing me smoking and lying around watching tv, surely. Today we went out and bought him his own 2 kilo dumb bells.
My New Years Resolutions for this year are
1. To write a first draft of my science fiction novel (man that sounds dumb)
2. To take the Level 1 Japanese test in December with a realistic chance of passing (I'm not going to lock myself in, it's a real hard test)
3. To eat less rubbish. Cut down on the coffee, the sugar, the chocolate, and all the other garbage that I put in my body.
The first two are going to take time out of my day that I can only have if I spend less time in front of the computer reading and writing blogs, watching YouTube and crap movies that I wouldn't rent but only watch because I download them for free, and following the news. Yesterday I watched a man who was shot in the head in Iran die on YouTube, and I just thought, enough. I pity that guy and his family because he's out there protesting a government, but dude, you're in Iran, not France. You get the leaders and governments you deserve, and those leaders don't give back what you've let them take without a fight. You should have gotten serious and shot them in the head first! And even smart, good leaders with families will send other men's sons to die because they are afraid of what will happen if they don't. That is cowardly. Shit is crazy, it always has been crazy. So that's my fourth New Year's Resolution.
4. Stop following the news.
There, I just got back the time I needed to do the first two things.

No comments:

Post a Comment