Tuesday, January 5, 2010

R2 Day 89 - Legs & Back

I took a rest yesterday and did Legs & Back this afternoon. 107 pull ups for the last L & B in this round. I never thought I could do that many. I got Cardio X tomorrow, then straight into Recovery Week, then done. I was thinking of doing some kind of P90X Insanity mix the next time.
I saw Avatar yesterday. Great movie, but a few times throughout the movie I thought, man, if I was the head of an Al Qaeda or whatever, I'd show this movie at the initiation ceremony. Get the troops pumped up. Mind you, Al Qaeda aren't exactly luminous beings in touch with their landscape, but still. I also couldn't help but think that it is a historically disingenuous movie. If it went for another ten minutes, the last scene would be of the Americans nuking their tree of souls, and exterminating every last Na'vi. Ask the American Indians or Australian Aborigines how colonialism works. Saying that, I really enjoyed the character of the Colonel. One tough SOB.

No comments:

Post a Comment