Thursday, January 21, 2010

R3 Day 1 - Chest & Back

Chest & Back is done. Day 1. I started at 6:30 this morning, and finished at 12. What? Well, I thought I would do this morning's workout without comparing it to last Chest & Back numbers from last round, to kind of leave any expectations at the door. I would just do as many reps as I could, without really pushing myself too hard.
Which, of course, is exactly what I ended up doing. So after the first round of exercises, I was toast. I thought I was going to be sick. I sat down for a while, and I thought, nup. Can't continue. And now, comparing the numbers from last round, I know why. I did more reps today in the first round for most of the exercises than I did in the last Chest & Back of last round. Which is crazy.
Also, exercising in the morning on an empty stomach may take some getting used to. So I went in and had breakfast, and began to feel better. My wife is busy doing stuff for Will's kinder, so I'm babysitting Jo Jo today. So when he had his morning nap I went down and did the second round, and did even better than the morning round without feeling sick. So a kind of strange workout today.
I have started watching Lost from the start. Long way to go, and I might not get there, but I will be ready for this last season coming up, even if I have to watch those catch-up episodes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment