Monday, January 18, 2010

Hey. And ARX.

I did Ab Ripper X last night. Yesterday morning Will and I went to a play room in a community centre in Toyota, and then we all went to sushi for lunch. I ate so much salmon I think I have put myself off it. The sixth piece smelt a little like B.O., and as I chewed it I was thinking, that'll do pig, that'll do. Problem is, there's not much else I want to eat a sushi place. It's all pretty much just cold, raw fish. There's the egg sushi, and fried stuff like fried prawn or fried squid, but even that... I usually like sushi, but yesterday was a struggle. Then we just hung out at an electronics store for a while, and then we went home. Will was the one who brought up the subject of exercise, so I slipped the ol' ARX into the DVD and away we went. I got through it okay. I guess it's only bee four or five days since I last did it, but it feels like so much longer since I did anything strenuous. Last night I watched a DVD of the Swans' 2005 season when we won the premiership that I downloaded. We had such a crappy start to that season, but then we were in such great form at the end. What can you say about Nick Davis? Sydney owes him a flag.
So on Thursday I start my P90X/Insanity hybrid. I'm a little worried that I might have a heart attack doing Insanity. It looks crazy. So if I do have a heart attack, then at least you can say say that I didn't go in to this thing without expectations. I might actually use my heart-rate monitor to keep an eye on things. In the first six weeks the Insanity workouts are only about 40 minutes, which isn't excessive. The last six weeks are longer, so we'll see how I'm feeling about it then.
I have been taking supplements the whole time I've been doing these workouts.
I take protein powder, two scoops with some water and about 200 ml of milk, a banana and some ice. Love it. I put half a scoop of creatine in there, too.
I take a multivitamin, and a capsule of fish oil, and every second day or so I take some zinc. And that's it. Nothing too extreme or expensive. This round I'm going to make it a habit to bring some fruit and vegetables to work everyday, and to cut down on the sweets. I weighed myself at the bath house the other day and I weight 84 kg! That's the heaviest I've ever been. I would expect to lose some weight during this third round, but it just goes to show how underweight I was when I started, because I've put on nearly 8 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment