Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Round 3 starts tomorrow!

So it all starts again tomorrow. I have to say that I am a little anxious to get started, and to get over the pain of the first week. I don't know how far I've dropped in terms of reps and fitness in the two weeks or so since I finished round 2, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I do Chest & Back. Last night I was playing with Will before bed time, and Junko said that if I was doing exercise I would have been upset that Will wasn't going to bed instead of being relaxed and having a great time playing with my son. She was absolutely right. I have been having fun in the evenings because I haven't had it in the back of my mind that I had to do a workout before bed, or before I got to watch a little TV before bed, to be exact. Just one more reason to get up in the mornings and do it. It is getting a little milder recently, though we are probably in for another cold snap or two before Spring finally arrives, but doing the workouts in the morning is the only way to go. I just have to make sure that I get enough sleep, and I'm not up watching people fall over on Youtube when I should be in bed.
I read an article about Brett Kirk, the captain of the Swans this morning. Exactly what I needed to read to get me revved up about this third round. I should start printing out shit that motivates me and put them up on the garage wall or something.
People are saying that Tiger is in a sex addiction clinic "near Hattiesburg". Gotta love modern journalism. This is from The Age, which just cut and paste it from another source. Apparently I should know where Hattiesburg is. No, not Germany. America. In fact, Mississippi. Anyway, a few days ago (this rumour is a week old, BTW) I read an article by a journalist who actually went there, and could not find one person who had seen him, or anything that might suggest he was there. No convey of black SUVs, no private jets had landed at the airport, nothing. Just a few rumours. God knows where he is. His caddie, Stevie Williams, knows where he is, but isn't saying. I doubt he's at a sex clinic though. He'd be out of the country for sure. The big rumour is that he's in South Africa at a friend's estate, which would be much more likely.
Anyway, The Masters is on in the first week of April, so I don't expect him to surface until about late March, which would be stupid because his preparation would be shot by the attention and hype of his return, but then apparently Tiger is stupid. If he misses the Masters, then that's a whole different thing. If his wife has said "It's golf or me" then that's ridiculous. How about "It's skanks or me", because that's where the problem is. What he needs now is golf.
I've already had the obligatory dream where I sit down with Tiger and we discuss his problems and what to do about them. I must say that in my adult life, two people have consistently appeared in my dreams. One is Tiger, the other is my friend Clint. And no, they are not in any way sexual dreams.
So this is my schedule for the next two weeks.
P90X Chest & Back
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit, ARX
P90X Shoulders & Arms
Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance, ARX
P90X Legs & Back
Yoga, ARX
Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit, ARX
P90X Back & Biceps
Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance, ARX
P90X Core Synergistics
Insanity Cardio Recovery
Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
Repeat for 4 more weeks, then a week of stretching and Yoga, and then it gets really tough, with Insanity ramping it up for the last six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment