Monday, February 8, 2010

R3 Day 19 - Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance Rest

Will was sooky all weekend. I took him to a cool kid's centre in Toyohashi. We took a bus to the station and a train to Toyohashi, which was cool, and then we went to the kid's centre. I watch other fathers come in with their son, and the son sees all the toys and games and cool stuff and shoves their coat into their father's arms and runs off to play. Mine is crying after ten minutes because his hands "are sweaty". I'm not really sure what to do with him when he's like this. It is really annoying.
So we come home, and I put Thomas on the TV, and go upstairs to do something, and when I come down, the TV screen is black, but I can still hear Thomas. But there is a little white star in the middle of the screen. It turns out that Will has smacked the TV with a plastic golf club. When I asked him why, he said that he didn't want to watch this episode of Thomas, but another one. Jesus effing Christ. I didn't get upset. I probably whacked the TV harder than he ever has when I was a boy, it's just that back then they were made of glass and steel, not bloody plasma. So there you go. Last night we went out and spent over $1000 to replace the TV he broke. It was Junko's parent's TV, so I was obliged to replace it. If it wasn't I wouldn't have bothered and gone without for a while, just to see what life was like without the endless fucking distraction of the thing. But no. Got to have a TV. Not having a TV in the house would be a revolutionary act, wouldn't it.
Workouts went well. They feel like the only thing I have any control over recently. I did Ab Ripper X and Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit on Friday, which was mad, Shoulders & Arms on Saturday, and yesterday I did Legs & Back, which I usually do on Mondays. I did it yesterday because doing L & B on Monday is really hard to get up for mentally. And after the weekend I felt like blowing off some steam so I brought it big time. I'm only doing consecutive pull ups this time. As many as I can each round without stopping. So I managed 68 yesterday. 2 more than two weeks ago. I also did Ab Ripper X afterwards. I haven't done that for a while, L & B and then ARX. Messed me up.
I saw Pink on Oprah talking about P90X. Damn. Can you imagine the sales spike? She did say Tony was "annoying" though. Yea, he is sometimes, but not that much. She's bigger than John Farnham In Australia, isn't she?
Tonight I'm going to do Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance. I'm enjoying Insanity. I find that I go harder at the start and last longer at the end. I still haven't finished one workout 100% yet, though I feel like I'm not too far away now.
UPDATE: Had a rest tonight. Tired, throat a little sore.

1 comment:

  1. First let me begin that I am sorry about your TV. I have a young one as well who has a plastic golf club. I will have to be sure to keep close tabs on him.

    Anyways, If you are really into working out you need to look into becoming a Beachbody Coach. The opportunity is too good to pass up. I have been a coach for 6 months now and am making much more than I spend.

    Check out the link below for more information about becoming a coach or email me from my website at RippedBody.org

    Good luck with your workouts,

    Nathan McCabe

    ReplyDelete