Thursday, February 4, 2010

R3 Day 15 - Chest & Back

I did Cardio Recovery on Tuesday, which was much harder than I expected, and then I did Pure Cardio yesterday morning, which was much harder than I expected. Obviously, I am having trouble with my expectations. I didn't do Cardio Abs again this week. I was just too tired. I've got Chest and Back tonight, but I have hayfever at the moment (2 in the afternoon) and I feel really gluggy and head-heavy. But I am looking forward to busting shit up tonight.
I got the results back from the Japanese test I did in December. I left the letter on the table and waited for Junko to come home and open it for me. While I waited, I thought about it. I did not do the work. I could have, should have studied a lot more. In all honesty, I deserve to fail. I thought about how I should react to failing, and that I shouldn't get down on myself but instead use it as motivation to pass the test next time, and as a lesson that if you don't do the work, you don't get the result you want. We all know that, but only in moments like this is it so stark. So Junko came home and opened the letter, and yep, I failed.
No I didn't. Hah! I passed! 64%. The passing percentage is 60%, so I just made it. No lesson learned, only success! I was really surprised, actually. 56% for writing/vocabulary, 82% for listening, and 59% for reading/grammar. So I kicked ass in the listening, which ironically is the only one I didn't study at all. I guess I do it every day without realizing it.
So it's a relief that i didn't waste the application fee, and now my resume actually reflects the truth (in this respect). And now on to December, and to level 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment