Monday, February 22, 2010

3Resurrection - Day 7. ARX

I was pretty slack on the weekend. I did Shoulders & Arms on Saturday after missing it on Friday, and then I only did Ab Ripper X yesterday and not the Insanity workout I was supposed to. I can feel the motivation slipping. I've also been eating pretty badly. There are a lot of little cakes and chocolate things around the house because of Valentine's day, and I've been helping myself to those. Usual stuff. Today is February the 22nd, exactly one month before my 36th birthday, so I'm going to get in the best shape that I can for the photo I'm going to take on my birthday. That means no more missed workouts, no more overdoing the snacks and stuff. So I'm going to catch up on my workouts today and tomorrow. Legs & Back tonight, then Insanity, ARX, and Patience Hummingbird Yoga tomorrow. Insanity in the morning, ARX after work, and Yoga at night. That will put me back on schedule.
I'm completely over this cold, except the lining of my sinuses and nostrils apparently weakened to the point of bleeding. It's stopped now, though my nose is full of scabs, and it's really annoying. It was unlike any cold I've ever had. I wouldn't even call it a cold. Let's see. Hay fever-like symptoms for a day or so, then a really, really sore throat, then bloody mucas, then a headache for a couple of days, amounting to about a week of suckyness. Maybe I have a new virus, and I'm now a fundamentally new type of human, changed at the DNA level. Maybe better, maybe stupider.
So what else? Will and I went to the Okazaki Nature Experience Forest, and we climbed a large hill together. There was some pooz on one of the steps, which he loved. As soon as we got home he drew a picture of us climbing this hill with pooz on the steps. Last night we had eel, which was nice. I suspect it's the sauce they cover it with that is nice, and the eel meat itself is not that nice. I watched "Capitalism: A Love Story", Michael Moore's new movie, and again marvelled at why Americans haven't taken the guns that they supposedly value so much and shoot dead every elected official in the country and start again. For all their bluster and bravado, they are great at putting up with being treated like pieces of shit.
I was watching Lost a couple of weeks ago and I thought, I wonder if dad would like this. So I bought the first season on eBay for $10 and sent it to him. You could say he liked it. He watched the entire 24 episodes in 3 days. Nothing if not compulsive, my dad. It'll be the only thing my sister and I hear about for years. That, and how he has just wants to be left alone. He can't just like something, it has to consume him. So now I have to get season 2 to him, and then 3, 4, 5, and 6. I hope he has a player that can play DivX or it's gonna cost me hundreds.

1 comment:

  1. Look out, he might send you some Yanni in gratitude!!

    ReplyDelete