Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3Resurrection - Day 2. Yoga

This cold really kicked my ass. I haven't worked out for a week. I've got a real scabby dry nostril now, and every time I try and get some dried gunk out of there it bleeds. I'm feeling a lot better, though. I used the break to reevaluate what I have been doing, and thinking about how easy it would be to slip back into lazy habits. I walked past an old guy outside his house this morning having a smoke. Ah, that first smoke of the day. He probably had just finished breakfast, and if he is like I was, had rushed it to have the smoke. I felt a pang of envy. But then I remembered that I had already done 45 minutes of yoga, had a huge, healthy breakfast, and had been there when both my sons woke up. Can't get much better than that. Inhaling a poison isn't gonna ice that cake. So this week I keep coming back to one thought. If I stop now, then this is as fit and healthy as I am ever going to be. Even if after only a few months of dogging it, if I decide to recommit, it would take a year to get back into this kind of shape, and then I would be a year older. So is this it? No. I want to get in better shape. I don't want to go out like this, taken down by a stupid virus or cold or whatever it is. So I'm going to start round 3 again. I'm going to call it Resurrection. Not like Jesus, more like Alien. Coming back hard.
I've made a schedule more in tune with my lifestyle. LOL. Lifestyle. That's funny.
Monday will be my day off, and Tuesday will be Yoga and Ab Ripper X, or visa versa. Just as long as one Yoga and one ARX get done in these two days. The start of the week is a drag, and this is usually the time I would miss a workout because I was tired or couldn't be bothered. So I'm going to work my schedule around that. The other days will be the same as what I have been doing, alternating between a P90X resistance workout, and an Insanity workout.
I would like to find a 30-minute stretch workout for Mondays and Tuesdays if I can. X Stretch is great, but it's too long.
I'm going to mix the workouts up a little, too. I might throw in the odd One On One With Tony Horton workout now and then. Hey, not afraid to mix shit up, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment