Wednesday, July 29, 2009

P90X Done! Now With Photos!

Hah! Fell at the last hurdle. I put Will to bed last night at about 9 and read him "We're Going On A Bear Hunt" (a pretty scary book BTW) and then turned the lights out. Next thing I know I wake up at midnight and all I want to do is go back to sleep. So I missed my workout! So out of all 90 days of P90X, no rest days or nothing, the only workout I missed was the very last one! Before then, the closest I had come to missing a workout was on May 18 when I hurt my knee half way though Legs & Back and had to stop. Funny.
So I got up at 5 this morning and did the last workout, Yoga. Felt pretty tight being so early, but it's a pretty good way to wake up the body. Nice breakfast, and off to work.
It was my turn for chourei again. This is what I said.
"Before I came to Japan I had never tasted eel. The first time I ate it I didn't think it was very nice. But since then I have eaten it many times, and I have come to like the taste. This Friday is 'doyou no ushi no hi' [the day that is considered the peak of Summer in the old Japanese calendar and on which eel is traditionally eaten], so even though it is very expensive I am thinking of taking my family to eat eel [I'm not really, because it IS expensive, and I don't really like it that much]."
Needless to say this went down well because it incorporated the two things that Japanese people are obsessed with: Japan and food.
I was approached by a guy coming home from work last week. He wants to talk English with me. No books, just chatting at a cafe or bar one night a week for an hour or so. He seems like a nice guy, so I'm only going to charge him $130 a month.
I've booked a ticket home for the Granny! I love coming home and seeing everyone, so I can't wait. Someone tee up a big screen TV and drinks!

So here are the photos. Basically I've gone from a weak, moustached, crooked, wheezing piece of shit to a buff, cut, hard as fuck manimal.
J and I did the fitness test again this afternoon, and here are the results. What I've done is put the results of the test we did before I started P90X on April 29 first, followed by the results from this afternoon.
Weight: 81.1 kg / 81.6 kg
Body fat (calipers): 12/13/14 12.37% / 12/14/14 12.68%
Chest: 100 cm / 102 cm
Waist: 86 cm / 85 cm
Left arm: 34 cm / 35 cm
Right arm: 34 cm / 35 cm
Resting heart rate (after sitting down for 2 minutes): 60 bpm / 60 bpm
Blood pressure: 109/60 / 114/66
Max pull ups: 7 / 15
Max push ups: 42 / 52
Toe touch: +6 / +12
Max wall squat time: 2'03" / 3'08"
Bicep curls (10 kg): 36 / 50
In and outs: 63 / 100
Heart rate after Jumping Jacks for 2 minutes (last 30 sec at full speed)
1 min: 127 / 121
2 min: 114 / 111
3 min: 111 / 105
4 min: 102 / 100
I'm really happy with a lot of these figures. Though it is amazing that all that work, 3 months of busting my ass, only gets me another ten push ups. The wall squats hurt, and the bicep curls too. Happy with that number.
Well, it's been fun. I'll keep the blog going, try to keep the ranting to a minimum, and keep you all up to date with my life here in J-land.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. nice one jim. great accomplishment. great to hear you are coming back, cant wait for you to meet my daughter. no doubt the GF will be at micks

    ReplyDelete