Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 82

I did my last Legs & Back today. The whole time I was doing it I was thinking, this is it! Last one! But in the back of my mind I know that I'll be doing it again some time, so I don't want to build it up like it's some hellish trial because that might make it harder to get up for doing it all over again like I plan to. Today sucked because it was so hot and I am so tired from getting up and watching the golf. I still did as many pull-ups as I did last week, but it's really easy to just let the last week fade away. It happened to me when I did P90. You think, I've done all the hard work, there's no point finishing, I'm going to stop soon anyway, so why don't I just stop now? Take the photos, pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake, and stop.
No dammit. 90 days is 90 days. Just fucking do it. (Picture me at a Nike Marketing meeting about twenty years ago. "Yea, I like it, but what about 'just FUCKING do it'? No good?")
I am really bummed that Tom Watson didn't win the British Open. This guy is like a ghost of past golfing legends. I remember he was my favourite golfer when I was 7 because he had the same last name as Paul Watson, a kid that lived over the road from me. That's all I knew about golf at the time. All he had to do was two putt eighteen. It wasn't hard, but his putting is what killed his career back in the eighties, and those two putts were rancid. As soon as the play-off started he looked tired and made some tired swings and it was all over. Cink is a good player and he deserved to win because he holed the putts. Golf is all about putting, which sucks. It just goes to show you that there aren't any fairy tales in sport anymore. Everything has become so professional and so intense that dreams just aren't enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that, because I like the best and most prepared players/teams to win, but I just wish this one could have slipped through.

No comments:

Post a Comment