Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 80

Man it is warm. I had a cold shower this afternoon after Ab Ripper X, and I'm trying to keep moving to a minimum to avoid sweating. 34 degrees today. I took Will to the pool, which was fun. A kid kind of latched himself onto me, which happens a lot. His grandmother had brought him to the pool and she was picking him up later, he said. He was about 7 or 8, he wouldn't tell me, which was strange. We played for a while, just throwing a ball around, but then I noticed that every time he went underwater and came up there would be this huge cable of snot coming out his nose, and he would splash it off with water and it would go floating around in the pool. The second time he did this the snot was floating near my leg, so I got out. I was trying to get Will out too, but he was having fun. I would rather not know what's floating around in a kid's pool.
I have been crushing the workouts this week. I have put a fan in the garage, so that helps with the heat, but it is still amazing how much I sweat. Another thing, my sweat smells funny. It has a real ammonia kind of smell. I looked it up on the web, and it seems like a common problem when exercising, but of course there were a million causes and a million remedies. It seem to have something to do with protein and carbs, and an apple a day will fix it, apparently. An apple a day will fix most things, and I have been craving them recently, so maybe that's the solution.
Well, today is day 80. 10 days to go. I'll write a larger post on Tuesday when I'm back at work. Monday's a public holiday. BTW I'm loving Breaking Bad. I just watched that episode when Jessy goes to the Meth addicts' house to get his money back, and he found out they had a kid. Poor kid. I've watched a documentary about the Meth epidemic in America. Bad news.

1 comment:

  1. Dont get me started about public pools!! Breeding grounds. Kids with snot in pools makes me want to throw up. I consider myself to be rather anal about hygeine but even through Josh I have contributed to the wrongness of public pools. He did runny poo in his swimming nappy, and when the swimming nappy is fully soaked,.... lets just say its not overly effective. I raced him out as quickly as I could but it was too late. What bothered me more though was that no-one around Josh seemed to care too much. Whats wrong with people? XXX

    ReplyDelete