Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Post P90X

We spent a night at a hotel in Hamamatsu next to a pool/amusement park and spent a couple of days at the pool. The weather wasn't really great, it rained a lot, but it was still warm enough to swim. Problem was that Will really needed to do pooh on the second day but for some reason he wouldn't, so he was sooky all day and it was so annoying. He cried basically all day at the pool, and the first thing he did when we got home at about 5 o'clock was do poohs. So after that of course he felt wonderful and actually said he wanted to go back to the pool. Gotta laugh. He obviously has an issue with pooh. Daniel, the Englishman I work with, says the movie E.T. is good for that. It apparently teaches children to let go of their pooh because E.T. looks like pooh. Will's a bit too young at the moment, but I might try it if this continues.
The other day I took him to a sports store because I wanted to buy a resistance band. I might use it just for a change instead of the weights, and it's also good for traveling. I've never used one before, so I took one out of the box and stood on it in the middle and tried to bring the two handles up for a bicep exercise. But the soles of my shoes were slippery and apparently I wasn't standing on it strongly enough because it slipped off my shoes and came up and whipped me in the right eye. Will laughed, which made me laugh, but damn it hurt. I couldn't open my eye for ten minutes and tears were streaming down my face. I could taste blood in my mouth, but still not sure if that was my imagination or not. I recovered okay and it's fine now, still a little sore, but wow. I bought one at another store the next day because I was too embarrassed to go to the counter in the state I was in.
Saturday was the Okazaki fireworks festival. An hour and a half of the most intense fireworks display you've ever seen. Half a million people usually come to watch them, but this year it rained and rained, and the crowds were well down. We had dinner at one of Junko's friend's house who lives nearby and have a balcony where you can see them well. A good night. Will had a great time.
Today is the anniversary of mum's death, August 3. I'm a little down today, which is to be expected. Plus work is sooooo boring, and I'm buggered from a big four-day weekend. Like I said before, it will be a bit of a jolt when I go home and she's not there. Bayswater is not the centre of Melbourne anymore. Weird. Still, I can't wait to get down there and have some fun with family and friends. I arrive on the morning of the 25th of September, and I'm there until the 5th of October. This time I'm going to schedule the whole trip, because too often when I go home, by the time I've had a beer and played some golf, I wake up and can't think of anything to do except go to Knox. There are so many things I want to see and do that when I finally arrive I draw a bit of a blank. The last two times I was down I didn't even eat fish 'n' chips! Totally forgot.
Workout-wise I'm not too sure what to do. It seems a shame not to be working out while it's not stinking hot, but I think I have to give myself a break. It'll be stinkin' hot soon enough.
Tiger won again on the weekend. A pretty ho-hum affair. Now only two people have won more USPGA events than Tiger; Jack Nicklaus and Ben Hogan. Comparatively, he's five/ten years ahead of them both. An astounding career so far.
Swans nearly beat St Kilda. We are St Kilda's hoo-doo team, so if they can beat us in Sydney, they must be going pretty good. Swans season mathematically dead. Lately I've been watching games that the Swans aren't playing in. I'm surprised Brisbane got beat. They're my dark horse for the Premiership. I think St Kilda will choke, and so will the Bulldogs. Geelong are the team to beat. Geelong Brisbane grand final for mine.
Well, it's election time here in Japan. That means only one thing; noise! Vans driving around with massive loudspeakers booming slogans and speeches, guys outside train stations with megaphones, even the odd light plane flying around with a P.A. system attached. No shit. The Japanese are so good at ignoring information that you basically have to shout in their ear to get their attention. It still doesn't work though. No one is listening. Apparently the government will be changed for the third time since the war. That's nearly 65 years. I still can't get over that. Man this place is stale.

No comments:

Post a Comment