Saturday, July 4, 2009

Second Week of Phase 3

I did Back & Biceps today, followed by Ab Ripper X. Every day I am pushing myself harder than I did the day before, and even though I'm wrecked I feel really good about doing this. You would think these workouts get easier as you go along, but they don't. The end is in sight, and I'm really looking forward to taking a break. I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do when I finish P90X, because the thought of being slack and undoing all of the hard work I've done, especially in the last three months, is really scary. But I can't keep this up. Well, I can, but not in Summer. It's only starting to get hot now, and I can feel the effect of the humidity on my exercises. It's strength-sapping. I think I'll do some kind of maintenance workouts until it cools down, and then get stuck into it again in Autumn.
We are thinking of going to Okinawa for a few days at the end of August. Junko has a friend who used to go there all the time with her husband until they had three boys, so she has giving a lot of advice about where to go. I don't like going to a place and only having a photo and the word of someone with a vested interest to guide me. I'm thinking that Okinawa is a place that could really suck (and by that I mean it could be like here except with a few thousand American Marines walking around) or it could be beautiful and like here except everyone is a little more relaxed.
It's a shame to hear about Jim Stynes. Cancer is just the shittiest thing around, isn't it?
Anyway, got to go and play with Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment