Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 74

I'm really doing it tough now. Only a couple of weeks to go. Some of the workouts this week have been great, the best since I started. Numbers are up, and I'm looking and feeling strong. But I'm also talking myself out of others, too. Plyo on Friday sucked big time. I know it's going to be a sweatfest, and I dread it. I forgot to put my sneakers out in the sun afterwards to dry them out because they were squelchy from sweat, and they're still wet (Sunday night). So I just couldn't get up for it, and then after twenty minutes I had a chest pain, like a one-pulse stab, which kind of knocked me back. God knows what is was. But exercising in this humidity is taking it's toll. I took a little break then eased back into it, and actually the last twenty minutes I kicked ass. I haven't felt it again, so it was probably just a blip. Yesterday was Arms & Shoulders, which I crushed, and today was Yoga, another sweatfest. I really did not want to do it, but I did. But tomorrow is the big one. Legs & Back. At this stage, 11:00 on a Sunday night, I don't think I'll be getting up in the morning to do it. But if I don't, I'll have to do it after work or not at all. And in the current mindset I'm in, missing a workout with only two weeks to go would just about be the end of it, I reckon. So this is the big hump I've been expecting for months, to be honest, but never came until now. I'll just have to get up and do it, and bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment