Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 76

I got up early again this morning and did Kenpo Cardio Plus followed by Ab Ripper X. I'm not a big fan of this workout. It's very fast, and my form gets sloppy and I just want it to be over. I do it because it's quick - 40 minutes. With Ab Ripper X on the end of it, that makes it about an hour. Ab Ripper X was fine. I was actually looking forward to it this morning because it meant that Kenpo was done. While I was doing Pfiffer scissors, I remembered that when I started I could barely do ten of them. Now I could do about 30 or 40 if I really had to, though I always only do the required 25. The improvements are really pleasing. It doesn't feel any easier though, it's just that I can do more.
Anyway, the Kenpo this morning was pretty bad. The intensity was really down, and I was probably wasting my time. I sweated buckets, drank about 700 ml while I was doing it, and I just had no energy. I need a good night's sleep tonight, and a good X stretch tomorrow and then I need to grow a pair for the last week of intense workouts. Then I have one more week of recovery and then that will be it. Done. It's hard to believe that I started this blog nearly six months ago, when I had no idea what P90X had in store for me. And then to think that I started P90 last September! I can't wait to get the before and after shots side my side. Nearly a year of workouts! I must have done a couple of hundred workouts down in that garage since then. It's weird, because I kind of owe my life to a company and a trainer in America who has no idea who I am. I certainly owe a way of life to them that means I will live longer and better. I said in my first blog that I was waking up at nights thinking that I was going to get lung cancer. That doesn't happen anymore. I still might get it, but I can only do what I can do now to prevent that from happening. I don't really beat myself up about smoking because I was like a fish on a hook. One wrong decision when I was young and it took 15 years to get off them. A lot of people don't, and a lot of people die from them. That's what they are designed to do - hook young people and keep them hooked for life until it kills them. I'm sure the tobacco companies wished their product didn't kill them, but it does. That's why they have to get more young people hooked. I thought it was tough, or grown-up, for a while, then that didn't matter. Then I knew they sucked and I hated them, but that didn't matter either. My mother asked me to stop smoking the last time I saw her alive, and I was smoking at her funeral. What a disgusting drug. I'm so glad I have managed to get rid of that dark shadow in my life and be free of them.
But like I said, two weeks to go, and I have run out of petrol. I think what I'll do is buy a pack of chips, sit down and watch Footy Classified, and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment