Monday, August 31, 2009

ChaLean Week 2 Nearly Done

Well the Hawks lost, and behaved just like you'd expect them to. There's something wrong at that club. I guess if the coach is a sook then that gives everyone permission to sook. Love it. Swans finished okay. We hit some good form at the end there, but couldn't beat anyone. Too bad we played like shit mid-year, or we'd be in the finals again and be pretty dangerous. Oh well. Still looking forward to this finals series immensely. My tip is Geelong, but I'll stick by Brisbane as the dark horse. I can feel it in me water. St Kilda will choke, I reckon. Can't wait for the grand final because that will mean I'm in Melbourne having a great day!
On Thursday we went to a hotel in Hamamatsu. Junko's parents are members of a group called Resort Trust which own heaps of luxury hotels around Japan, and we can get a room for like a hundred dollars a night. I think they bought membership during the bubble when everyone was loaded. They are amazing places, 5-star everything, pool, spa, awesome restaurants, so we went for night and chilled. Will and I spent most of the time in the pool. He found a book of riddles which he loves. His favourite joke? Why did the snowman in the desert? But he melted! Funny stuff.
Well, yesterday was election day, and apparently the government has been thrown out in disgust by the Japanese. Seventy years and they've had enough. No, actually, the LDP was thrown out in the 90's as well after fifty years of rule, but then there was the sarin attack in Tokyo and a general shitty economy and the Japanese put them straight back in first chance they got. Well, they're out again. Whatever the new guys do, they have to get people to have babies here. The birth rate is the lowest in the world. Did you know the Japanese have less sex and watch more TV than anyone else in the world? They reckon in a few centuries the Japanese people will become extinct if they don't hurry up and procreate. So the new government is going to give people who have kids money. Give me money! Just rememebered that I'm not really helping things by having kids in terms of prolonging the Japanese race, but I still get money. Hah!
I'm still doing Chelean Extreme. The weight workouts are good - short and intense, but I'm going to change the cardio workouts. I have always enjoyed long cardio workouts, and I think they are too short in Chalean, so I'm going to do some of Tony's workouts, and maybe even an Insanity workout here and there. This week, instead of Chalean's Burn Intervals I did P90 Master Cardio Intervals, which is much more intense. I felt really good and strong doing it, much stronger than when I was doing P90 Master all those months ago. I'm throwing in some abs exercises here and there too. I don't like the ones in Chalean. Basically I'm removing anything from Chalean that isn't resistance and replacing it with longer, better stuff. My weight is steady at 81.5 kg, though I feel as though I've eaten my summer holiday allowance, which culminated with Lunch B at a local Indian restaurant on Saturday that put me off food for a good 24 hours. It was a nice way to go out, and from now I'll be concentrating on small, frequent meals and good quality food.

No comments:

Post a Comment