Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sehr Heiß

Warm. Will had a bit of a fever today so we all stayed indoors and chilled, literally, in front of the air conditioner watching play school and napping and reading. I got a bit restless in the afternoon and went for a bike ride and then came home and did P90 Sweat 3-4. It is amazing the energy riding takes, especially in the arms and shoulders. Every time I ride I find that my arms are tense and rigid, and I'm always having to relax them and shake them out. I love riding my motorbike. I love it how when you're riding the temptation is to look too close in front of you, but if you can look fifty, one hundred metres in front it makes it so much easier. I can be approaching a bend and looking at the bend thinking there's no way I can get through that at this speed, so I brake and get all out of shape and just make a horrible turn. But if I look past the bend and at the next bend or the straight road after it then I just glide through the bend like it wasn't there. It's so counter intuitive that I have to keep reminding myself that it's true, and every time I do it it works. Really fun. Anyway, once I started P90 Sweat 3-4, with the three rounds of arms up, I knew my arms were spent from riding and I had real trouble keeping them up. After that, smooth sailing, and the CH200, the 200 sit-ups, awesome. I really don't want to push myself too hard at the moment, because I think I'd just start 'missing' workouts and fade away. I want to keep in shape, and then when it cools down, give it another shot.
The guy who's paying me to talk to him in English, Nori, is a good guy. He works for Toyota and spent a year and a half in Atlanta so he wants to keep his English going. He was telling me how he found it tough to make friends in America, I'm guessing because most of them are douches, so he went to strip bars and chatted with the strippers. Even went on a couple of dates. He said once he went to pay for a dance but didn't have enough money, so he said the the stripper, "I'll go to the ATM and withdraw money." "Withdraw?" said the stripper. "Is that Japanese?" Ha!
So only a few days of Summer Holiday left. Maybe I forgot to say, but I have got another 10 days off. I probably forgot because this is the default state. Not working. I work nine days this month. You might think that this would mean that when I do get to work I'm raring to go, but the opposite is true. My job would be a lot better if some people weren't there. But then I guess someone else would piss me off. The real question is, do I piss anyone off? Surely not.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you piss people off!! I know that you have pissed me off in the past. Everyone pisses everyone off, I bet Chris Martin would even piss me off if I knew him well!! We still love you though XXXX (Hmmmmm do I piss anyone off?......)

    ReplyDelete