Monday, September 7, 2009

Chalean Week 3

This morning we had a safety drill. The bell went off at 11, and we shuffled outside onto the tennis courts where they did a demonstration of how to use fire extinguishers, and someone kind of absailed out of a fifth-floor window, and of course, the speeches. We had to stand there for 50 minutes in the sun while they did this. It sucked.
I'm pumped the Lions won. I know Brendon Fevola kicks a lot of goals, but I don't think Carlton can win a flag with him in the team. I think he likes to be the victim too much, plus he's a dipshit. The Lions probably can't win it either, but they have so much more heart than Carlton. Can they beat the Bulldogs? Hell yea. Bulldogs straight sets again. If they don't pick up Barry Hall next year they are not serious.
Workouts going well. I'm enjoying doing the cardio workouts in between the heavy lifting Charlean workouts. I've done a couple from the P90 Master series and I did Cardio X from P90X yesterday, and I feel so much stronger than I remember doing when I was doing them for the first time. However I'm finding that with all the attention to the shoulders in Chalean Extreme that I'm getting extremely tight in the neck and shoulder region. Just have to get used to it. I'm eating well, and basically cut the crap to the odd ice cream and pack of chips, and I'm eating smaller serves at lunch and dinner. I have been eating a lot of healthy snacks like nuts and fruit, so I'm not feeling so hungry all the time.
I saw this on a T-shirt this morning and it fucked me up for a while. "If you teach a man anything, he will never learn." I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense. The English people use here, especially marketers, gives me the shits. The slogan of an electronics store where I bought some stuff the other day is "For Your Just." My company has asked everyone to think of a slogan for it. As an example of what they are looking for they chose Hitachi's slogan "Inspire the Next." The next what? Genocide? I'm sure my company will choose something boring and generic like "Let's Challenge!" Not the most adventurous company in the world, this one. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment