Monday, February 2, 2009

3 weeks done

Third week done. I've been waking up in the mornings and doing them, which feels great until about 3 in the afternoon, when I get a bit bleary eyed and crabby. P90 Master has way less muscle work like push-ups and weights than P90, but every time I do it I'm drenched in sweat and buggered, so it must be working. I also have to remind myself that I'm not in it for the 6-pack or the biceps. I'm in it to get healthy and strong. Anyway, I know those things will come when I do P90X in the Spring.
One thing I have to address is the food I eat. The snacks are creeping in again. I look forward to my workouts and really enjoy them, but I also use them to justify the chips. I get in this frame of mind that I used to have when I was smoking, and that is, what fun would life be if I can't have the things I enjoy having? Like taking away chips would make me miserable. It sounds fucked up when I write it down and read it. What's wrong with Jim? Oh, he's upset because he didn't have chips last night. What the fuck? And there is that five second shattered feeling I get when I remember that I wasn't going to have chips. Oh goody, time for some chi- wait, I can't have any! Waaa! Why me? What a fucking child. It's nothing to do with weight, or even health, really. It's the attitude I don't like. I've got popping corn in the cupboard. Why don't I just make that?
So, here is a clarification of, and a re-committment to, my shit food policy. A coffee in the morning, and a kitkat (fun size) at lunch. That's it. And I don't have to have them. And it's not like if I don't have one one day than I can have two the next. Every day is a new day. Water, perfect. Green tea, great. Milk tea, won't hurt. Milo? If I have to. No sugar in the tea or Milo. No beer. No chocolate except for the kitkat. No chips! Fuck! Popcorn (home made with a little butter), nuts, raisins are all good. Choose the healthy option at work (sometimes hard). Plenty of healthy snacks. I think the key is to never get hungry. It's too easy to pop in a conbini (convenience store) on the way home from work and grab a pack of chips if I'm hungry.
* Exceptions
- If someone offers me a chocolate, I can take one.
- I can have a beer at work functions.
- I can share an ice cream or a donut with Will.

The guy who does the Power 90 videos, Tony Horton, recently went off on his blog. He seems like a nice guy, and is in phenomenal shape at 50, but obviously was having a bad day this day. Apparently it sent a shock wave through the P90 community. Check it out. Funny.
http://tonyhorton.blogspot.com/2008/10/chat-room-throw-down.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate, try buying some tinned tuna and some dry biscuits (I use savoys) and when I'm hungry, i'll just snack on a tin of tuna on the biscuits... The biscuits aren't great but the tuna is pretty good - really filling and good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Horton spells dairy as "diary". disappointing.

    ReplyDelete