Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 5 done

End of week 5 and I'm feeling good. I'm glad I'm doing the pushups and biceps at the end of four of the workouts because I really feel that this kind of stuff is lacking in Master.I was watching Biggest Loser at lunch today, and they were talking about eating right and calories etc. Since weight has never really been an issue with me I haven't paid too much attention to it. Maybe I should, if only in preperation for 90X. I wonder how many calories I eat every day? This is what I ate on Tuesday the 17th.
1 coffee - milk, 1 sugar.
1 bowl porridge with teaspoon of honey.
1 piece of white bread with cottage cheese.
2 canned coffees.
1 cereal chocolate bar (190 calories).
1 chocolate (Cadbury Roses).
1 Kitkat (66 calories)
1 Ferrero Rafaello
1 fish (fillet), Miso soup, Boiled roots & vegetables, rice, yogurt (780 calories)
1 "Soy Joy" fruit bar (130 calories).
3 cups tea with milk
Shabu shabu (pork, tofu, vegetables) & rice
1 protein shake (2 scoops of protein powder, 1 banana, 200 ml milk).
1 pack of chips
Several glasses of water or green tea
This is pretty typical, although I don't usually eat so much chocolate, but there's so much lying around from Valentine's Day... Damn, looking at that, the coffee, the chips are there as per usual, and the chocolate! That's a lot. I can feel the zit on my nose already. Can improve.When I was growing up, we never had Fruit Loops, Coke, or chocolate. I can still hear my mother say "There's water in the tap!" and "Have a salada!" There was always plenty of fruit around, and the meals were healthy, if not exciting (chops and veg, chops and veg). I ate a lot of MacDonalds when I was at uni, and the first year here I can't really remember eating, just drinking. So while I don't give what I eat much thought, I was raised eating bland, healthy food, so I still feel like a kitkat is a treat and not an every day thing. Which would be wrong, because it is. Same with chips. Living here limits the amount of crap I eat too, because it's expensive. No kidding, if I want a pizza delivered, it would cost about $50. I make my own pizzas, and they are better (no mayonaisse on them, for a start).

Wow! A medium pizza for $42? Can I?

So what to do? Again, same as before, limit the coffees to one a day, liimit the chocolate to one a day (the kitkat), and the chips? Obviously I have to compromise. One small fun size pack a day. Happy?
Watching the news, looks like Japan is in the shit. I'm not suprized. When you make expensive, high quality shit for the world, and the world goes broke, that shit gets hard to sell. Exports down an insane figure like 50%. Panasonic has asked that 10,000 of it's managers each buy at least $3000 dollars worth of stuff made by Panasonic. It's called the "Buy Panasonic" campaign. Completely voluntary, of course, meaning everyone will choose to do it. Toyota will lose money for the first time since 1950. I hope I can keep this job, but really, what will worrying about it do? I think if I get the ass, I'll start my own English school. Be my own boss. My mate at work believes that a co-worker (American) has Asperger's Syndrome. I looked it up on Wikipedia. I'm no psychologist, but I have to concur with my colleage.

No comments:

Post a Comment