Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 6 underway

Tough day today. My back is hurting where I bumped it when I stacked my bicycle. It's wierd because it hurts more now than the day after i did it. It feels like a little pulled muscle, and it might be, but it is in the same spot that I bumped it. Knees are sore too, but it's just a genral soreness. Neck is tight, too. I probably should have done the P90X stretch workout yesterday. I thought about it, but then I thought, hey, it's my rest day. Rest!
I had Plyo this morning. Man, it is tough. After ten minutes in I felt like pressing stop and trying again after work. The squats! I am much stronger than I was when I started P90 Master, but I'm still pressing pause to get my breath back a few times. I think I'll make that the goal next week, the 7th week. "No Pause Week."
But I did it, and the porridge, toast, and protein shake were extra good. Lunch today was egg, eggplant, and tofu, all covered with a generous dollup of miso. Mmmmmiso. Had my Kitcat too.
This week I'll pay a little more attention to what I eat, ease off the chocolate and coffee, and see how I go with the smaller bag of chips.
I can't believe Ramses and Tania got voted off Biggest Loser. I'm sick of that sooky sister. Watching it, I sometimes wonder how I'd go on the show, but then I remember they'd never let me on because I'm not an OBESE PIG!

4 comments:

  1. Gee your harsh!!! Lets give "the biggest losers" some credit for becoming public! I know I wouldnt!! I dont know what your worried about with your daily menu.... you know that you have healthy options to choose unlike here!! Keep up the good work! I think though that because we had such a bland culinary upbringing, we look for the bad stuff now! I know I do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Leigh that you think highly of the biggest losers for going "public"... In my humble opinion, I think if they really wanted to help themselves, they would have got a personal trainer or joined a gym long ago... I think their number one objective from joining the biggest loser is fame and fortune with weight lose being a secondary objective... How they could ever let themselves get that big just astonishes me... While I admit, exposing themselves on national tv takes some courage but it's much easier to achieve with an ulterior motive...
    Funny that you also make a comment about bland food... I once dated a girl who had a kid and believed that because she was brought up on bland food (never allowed coke, maccas) she was never going to let her kid go through that and used to feed him maccas and coke 2-3 times a week... While it is one extreme to another I reckon you are right that by depriving your kids of that stuff they crave it much more in adulthood... The key is moderation in everything...
    If only kids came with a users manual, life would be so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yeah, and Jim, keep up the good work on the blog... Oh, and the exercise too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments whitsey! You may visit my blog if you wish or we can simply communicate through my brother! You are very wise. I agree with the whole fame thing.... but I also think people with EXTREME obesity get that way due to personal reasons and sometimes their own discust and will are just not enough. If you want top results, why not use a daily tv show, obsessed viewers (not me, I couldnt name one of them)and some hard core trainers that are actually happy if you DO chuck!!! In closing, Im sure you would agree (and Jim also) that MOST tv these days sux and is not worth the time or energy!! ....Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete