Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Round 3: Day 34 - Shoulders & Arms, ARX

Lately my company's factory has been running on all cylinders trying to get machines built and shipped and orders filled, but there's not enough people to do it. So, the English translation team were volunteered to go there and help out. The four of us, and a sixty year old guy who should have retired last month but asked to be kept on in as... I'm not sure, but he's still here, though his desk was moved into the corner. It's kind of an insult, because the work sucks and no-one wants to do it. Just a not-to-subtle reiteration of our standing in the company, I guess. Get the wogs to do it.
It's not too bad for me, because the factory is about ten minutes away by motorbike from my house, so I can leave later and come home earlier. The other guys face 90 minute commutes, trains, buses, the whole deal. Kind of sucks for them. But every now and then I get shown my place. It's confronting, but it's the reality, and a dose of reality in Planet Japan can be useful.
Looking at my New Year's Resolutions, I need a bit of a reality check.
My fitness is fine. I'm eating less of everything, working hard, lifting more. I didn't do Insane Abs last night because I was tired. I have Shoulders & Arms tonight, and I'll do Ab Ripper X afterwards. That should mess me up good. I want to improve my cardio vascular fitness over the Summer. I will look into free-climbing during Golden Week next week, which is like Easter, but without the fairy tales. I have to sort out these headaches I'm getting too. I'll go to the doctor's, and also spent Golden Week off the chocolate and canned coffee. Look at making some fresh coffee, and maybe a juicer? I had some great juice in Hawaii, and it reminded me how good it is, and how little I drink of it.
My Japanese study is in serious trouble. I'm keeping up with the kanji study, though I'm not doing any reading or serious study. The lessons have stopped, though I should try again, maybe a lower level. Hopefully the teacher won't chatter the whole time. But if they do, maybe look at paying someone for lessons? Passing level 2 was very encouraging, and lucky, so I have to take advantage of that.
My writing is non-existent. Can't get into it. Just this blog, and a diary I keep for Will and Jo that I can give them when I'm older or if I die or something. Meh.
Job. Got my eye open if something pops up. During Golden Week I will contact an employment agency in Melbourne that specializes in recruitment for Japanese companies. Some proactivity.
Oh yea, I got Tie Fighter going on my computer, but there are no sound effects during missions. Minor hiccup. It was amazing seeing cut scenes that I haven't seen since about 1996. It still looks pretty good. Hey Lucas! What to make a quick couple of million? Put it up on Steam for $5, fully compatible for modern computers. Although I swore never to give you another cent of my money after that steaming pile of shit you and Spielberg called an Indiana Jones movie a couple of years ago, I'll make an exception for this. Consider it a belated payment for the copy of the game a guy I worked with at Coles gave me back in '95. Actually, no. Fuck you, George Lucas. I'll keep perservering with my pirated copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment