Monday, April 19, 2010

Round 3: Day 26 - Insane Abs

I took a rest on Thursday. and I did Legs & Back (edit) Friday night. Remember, the shortened version I told you about last time? Still a beast though. Then on Saturday I did Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance, and yesterday I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. In the very first pull up exercise in Legs & Back, I felt the pain in my head again. Fuck! I stopped immediately, and sat for a while, and it never got really bad. After a minute I was okay, when previously I had to abandon the workouts. I feel like I went to the edge, but pulled back just in time. I am no longer going to see how many consecutive pull ups I can do, when I would strain to do just one more. I'm going to do as many as I can until I don't feel comfortable, then hop off the bar for a few seconds, then repeat, then repeat, until I feel as though I have done as many as I can. There's no head splitting straining to get the last one in, but it's close. And it also means I can do a lot more pull ups. Last time I did Legs & Back I did 76. On Friday night I did 100. So while I'm never truly reaching failure, I'm doing much more, and I'm not getting these bloody headaches.
I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps while watching Sydney vs North yesterday. The first half was shite, but we shook them off in the third by playing really well, and it was nice to see us have another good win. We're playing pretty well, though apart from St Kilda, who beat us, we haven't played any real quality. I loved it how in the first quarter the commentators were talking about how playing Richmond and beating them by ten goals or whatever may have adversely affected our game. Man, Richmond must really suck if that's what happened. It's like they "infect" other teams. Like a parasite that latches onto a host and then immediately dies, and it takes the host a week to overcome a vague feeling of "unwell-ness" as it eradicates the dead parasite's residual remains from its system. That's Richmond. Richmond and North Melbourne should merge, and become the Abbotsford Leaches.
I hate North more than any other club, I think. I'm always extra happy when we beat them. It's not that I hate them so much, it's just that I think they are illegitimate. If there is one team that feels like they shouldn't be in the AFL, it's probably the Freemantle Dockors, but then they are relatively new, and at least they have a massive fan base. North have been around forever, but still feel like they shouldn't be there.
On Saturday I had a great day with William. First, we went to Mr Donuts for a milkshake and donut, then we came home and we had lunch with Joey Jo Jo while Junko went out with some friends, then we did Insanity together, then we went to the bath house, where we had dinner and ice-cream afterwards, then we came home and did our reading lesson, and then bed. At the bath house some hobbyists had telescopes set up out the front, and Will got to see the moon up close, and I saw Saturn and her rings, which was pretty cool. First time I've ever seen that. These telescopes were pretty amazing, because you couldn't see Saturn with the naked eye. I really wanted to see Mars, but the guy couldn't seem to find it with his telescope. I actually had more fun on Saturday with Will that I did the whole week in Hawaii.
Very quiet recently at work. Not much to do. I spent the last hour of work Friday wondering how I can move all my money out of Australia when the crash comes. Can I have some kind of alarm or warning to alert me? It's going to be chaos when it happens. I wanna be like Go! Go! Go! and fax the application to the bank to transfer my money over here the moment before the banks go bust and people start stabbing each other and trapping dogs and using their pelts for warmth. Might not get that bad, but it's gonna be nasty. What do I know about economics? Nothing. But I can feel it in me water! I read an article about how after ten years of unprecedented growth, applications for home loans have dropped 25% this year. But sales are still booming. Whose buying all the homes? Nobody knows! Must be foreigners, they say. But no-one really keeps track, so they can't be sure. Hello! Trouble brewing.
Anyway, Insane Abs tonight. I've never done this before. Should be insane.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim,

    Thanks for the kind words on my blog man... means a lot with all the crap brewing at work.

    Glad you had a half decent time in Hawaii... but yeah you're right. Sometimes you need a vacation from the vacation and I'm glad you had a good time with the astronomy.

    As for those headaches... you're right to take care. Hate to think you'd get an anneurism or anything like that. And man, you're already killing the bar if you can get 100 reps on it! That's really, really good. You might want to actually build or buy a cheap dip belt, put 5-10 pounds on it to start and LOWER the reps you do (like just do 5 at a time... that's what I do sometimes when I can't go to 10). You'll still ge the same burn but with the decreased time you can allow for more time to recuperate.

    In any case, peace out!

    ReplyDelete