Thursday, April 22, 2010

Round 3: Day 29 - Renewal

I did Insanity Insane Abs Monday night. Most of it, anyway. Will did some with me and then got tired and shirty and we took him to bed and I never got to do the end of it. I didn't finish it because I spent an hour trying to get Star Wars: Tie Fighter, my second favourite game ever after Half Life, to work on my computer, but I couldn't. I guess it's like trying to play a vinyl record on a CD player. So I went to bed.
We are weaning Jo off the breast milk. Junko came down with some kind of rash on Monday. We have no idea what from. We ran through a list of things she ate on the weekend, but it was a loooong list. My wife likes to eat. So she went to the doctors and he said it was stress (which means he doesn't know what caused it either) and gave her a shot of something with steroids in it. An anti-inflammatory or something. So, she couldn't breast feed Jo Jo for a day. So while we were at it, we decided to stop it completely. Probably about time, but when he woke up at 1 on Sunday night and cried for 2 hours, I just wanted her to give him the breast so we could all get some sleep. Well, me, more specifically. But he seems to be doing okay, though he does look extremely sad most of the time now.
I took the day off work yesterday because I had to renew my driver's license and renew my foreigner registration card. Renewing my license involved a two-hour lecture and video presentation. It wasn't that bad, actually. There were about twenty of us renewers in there, and the guy chatted about how dangerous it is driving, especially in my prefecture, Aichi. Did you know that in the mid 70's, around 16,00 people were being killed each year on the roads in Japan? It's down to 5,000 now. Still a lot. It makes me think of that hypothetical situation: Aliens come to Earth and offer us a transport system that would get us from A to B in a fraction of the time it takes us now. But they also say that due to uncontrollable variables, tens of thousands of people worldwide would be killed using it each year. Would we accept it? Probably not. But that's exactly the situation we have now. So I got my new license, and then went to City Hall to renew my foreigner's card. No dramas there. Then I went to Matsuya for lunch. A bowl of beef on rice, bowl of miso soup, salad, and tea, all for the amazing price of 350 yen (less than $4). And they say deflation is a bad thing!
Then I went home and did Back & Biceps while I watched Jamie's Food Revolution. It's kind of a nothing show, but I can tune in and out and not miss much. I couldn't watch Lost or Breaking Bad (it's back!) and do a workout. No chance.
It's raining again today! Yesterday was perfect - I could even ride around on my motorbike with just a T-shirt on! - but today is crap. It has rained so much the last couple of months. With the rainy season coming up in another month or so, it looks like we're only going to get a month of nice weather at most! That's bullshit.
Tonight I've got Patience Yoga, and then a rest day tomorrow, and then onto the second month of this round. I feel like taking more time to do the resistance workouts is the way to go, because my numbers have gone up considerably, and I'm feeling much stronger. They take a bit longer, but that's okay. I'm eating a little better, not so much chocolate or chips, and I'm eating smaller meals, too. I should start using my bread machine to make other stuff, like homemade pasta or cakes or biscuits or something. I feel like doing some more cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment