Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yoga X

So this is my recovery week, and after my stretch on Wednesday I went and did the 90 minutes Yoga X, the only part of the P90X series that I don't follow. And now I'm glad I don't, because I don't think I could do this every week. The first 40 minutes had me dripping with sweat, and the little voice in my head was screaming at me to stop. So I did. I had a shower, had some lunch, and regrouped. Then I did the last 50 minutes in the afternoon. If I had to do this every week, I think it was cause such problems in my mind that I would either only do half of it, skip it completely and find a substitute (which is what I have done, effectively), or give up P90X. It is too long. And the last 30 minutes is basically the same as X Stretch anyway. I'm glad that I have experienced it, but I definitely won't be doing it again in a hurry. Tell you one thing though, it did give my ego a check. I thought I was getting there before I saw this, and now I know I have many, many years to go if I want to approach the strength and flexibility of anyone in this video. It is amazing what they can do, and Yoga just destroys any cardio or resistance training workout. For me, in terms of my body's reaction to it, Yoga is the most challenging and difficult workout I have done.
Yesterday I did Cardio X, which is a nice little mix of everything else, and today I did Kenpo X Plus. I have to say, the "plus" doesn't really amount to much. It's more intense, but shorter.
Tomorrow I've got One on One with Tony - Recovery 4 Results which looks nice and cruisy, and then Core Synergistics, which is another ass-kicker. Looking forward to getting stuck into that one on Monday morning.
Till then, have a look at this video.

Australian artist Keith Loutit, and the technique is called Tilt Shift. Looks amazing. I'm sure you're seeing in commercials already back home. First time I've seen it.
Oh yea. Is it good enough?

Indeed it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment