Monday, June 8, 2009

Got Legs & Back Tonight

Hey. Another week gone by. They are flying by pretty fast. The workouts are going great, though I couldn't get up this morning to do Legs and Back + Abs. Nothing like a little dread to make me stay in bed. I'll do it tonight. I'll probably have Swans vs. Hawks ready to go by tonight too, so could be a late one. The yoga I did last night was probably the best one yet. I powered through it, sweated like a tennis player in a five-setter at Rod Laver Arena. It really is amazing how much Yoga makes me sweat, even though I am moving really slow, and not doing anything cardio. It's just the exertion of keeping the body in a position it doesn't really want to be in. The progress I have made in only what, 6 weeks, is surprising. I would like to keep doing yoga for ever.
Speaking of forever, I'm starting to think about what I can do after P90X is finished. I know that I won't be able to stop doing workouts. I'll just get cranky because I will feel fat and slow and lazy. I finished downloading P90X+ yesterday, which is the next step up from P90X, so I might do that. I would like to make some kind of hybrid workout, maybe not so rigorous, which is what a lot of people do. And then when things cool down (because it's going to get mightily hot – you'll hear me complain about it over the next four or five months) I'll get stuck into it again over the Winter and see how ripped I can get. I might turn into one of those orange people with muscles and veins and acne and thinning long blond hair. But I'm going to have to get out of the garage and do some hiking or mountain climbing or some kind of outdoor activities regardless of what I do.
What I did get up early for this morning is to watch Tiger win the Memorial. Wow. Talk about firepower. Eagles 11 with an incredible chip shot, and then is one of the four players leading at 10 under with two holes to go. Tiger goes bang bang, birdies on 17 and 18 to get to 12, and everyone else shits their pants as usual and he wins easy. That last iron to 18 to a foot, amazing stuff. That's how you do it. At least Jim Furyk had the minerals NOT to double bogey the last. Like I said in a previous post, Tiger makes the rest of them look like chicken-shits. He's got the US Open in a couple of weeks at a course where he won it by 3 the last time it was played there in 2002. Who's going to beat him?
Today's Japanese Katakana word is ペアルック ("pearukku" – pair look) which is when a couple dress alike. The Japanese don't do it anywhere near as much as the Koreans do. I had to laugh when I went to Seoul and saw couples walking hand in hand wearing exactly the same t-shirts or polo tops, jeans, and sometimes even shoes. People had told me about the pair looking that was going on in Korea but you have to see it to believe it.
We had a good weekend. We took the boys to a park in Toyokawa that has a lot of water stuff going on, little pools and waterfalls etc that the kids can wade in. Will loved it.
Pair look

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the boys Jim! Brought a tear to my eyes though. Mum would think that Joeseph is so damn cute! Sux so much that she misses this stuff XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete