Monday, June 22, 2009

Bring on Phase 3!

I've nearly finished Recovery week, and it feels like I have done nothing even though I have sweated my ass off every day. It's just that I'm not doing any resistance work. This is what Tony calls "Muscle Confusion." My body does feel confused. It's weird. I'm looking forward to doing Chest & Back on Thursday. It's been about a month and a half since I last did it, so I expect to see some improvement.
I feel like I'm on the brink of getting a cold. I have had a small headache for a couple of days, and this morning I woke up and my throat felt a little... not sore, but not perfect. I went about 80% doing Core Synergistics this morning. It's a pretty strenuous workout so I had my ass kicked anyway. I feel ok now. I could take a panadol (or the Japanese equivalent) after lunch if my headache gets any worse, but I'll try to avoid taking it if I can. Just plenty of water, a coffee here and there, and I should be okay.
It's rainy season here in Japan. It's humid (I felt the first bead of sweat roll down my back and into my ass crack this morning while I was standing on the train) and it is wet. In about a month it will stop being wet, the wind will disappear, and the temperate will ramp up another ten degrees to about 36, 37 degrees every day with 100% humidity. Step away from the air conditioner or the fan for a second, and I get a sweat pulse, and my hair is wet and my clothes cling to me. I fucking hate it. I do like the festivals and the sound of the cicadas though.
I told you the Swans would lose. Again, all the stars played amazing, Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe. But the culprit this time was Ted Richards. Gave Collingwood that goal with two seconds to go in the third quarter to completely strip us of any momentum going to three-quarter time after having just grabbed the lead ourselves, and then gave away that 50 metre penalty that lead to a goal and then another and another and another. He's a good player, but damn. Apparently one more loss and we will be looking towards 2010, ie. losing games on purpose. yey! (sarcastic). Still, like I said last week, good run, have to accept tough times are ahead.
This year's US Open is maybe the worst ever, unless Tiger shoots a 63 in tomorrow's round and wins it. Ricky Barnes cannot win the US Open. He won the US Amateur about ten years ago, and in the 100-odd tournaments he's played as a professional since then, the best finish he's had is tied for 17th. That is very, very ordinary. There should be some major chokage going on tomorrow, with two unknowns so far in front, so tune in and watch the carnage!
Still on golf, I hear Tiger is coming to Melbourne for the Australian Masters! Get a ticket and go see the great man. And for those miserable people who will inevitably complain about the appearance money he's getting, if you practice your golf really hard and get really good and win 14 majors, I'm sure someone will pay you 3 million dollars to play in their tournament too! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment