Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week 6 Done

I have calmed down after yesterday's AFL viewing. I've watched On The Couch and Footy Classified, and I've taken the emotion out of it and set the pain aside. The Swans have had a great run, and I have to accept that the next few years might not be successful ones.
Yesterday I finished translating a huge report, and an hour after finishing it I got handed another one. I can't look at it anymore today, so I closed it down and here I am, writing this.
I did Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X last night. Brought it. I felt great the whole way through Kenpo, and then during the abs, I felt like I could actually power through the reps instead of just hanging on for dear life. I think my policy will be to see how I feel during Legs & Back, and if I feel okay, do Ab Ripper X after that as scheduled. But if I feel poorly, put the abs back a day like I did yesterday. I don't think it makes much difference, but I've made a nice little Excel schedule, and changing stuff around makes me uncomfortable, which means I've been here too long.
Today was health check day. We get one every 6 months. We weren't supposed to eat breakfast, but I always do. I hate being hungry. So about 11 o'clock the announcement comes through. "All males in the Information and Documentation Department to the Examination room." Off we go. First, a questionnaire. Do you smoke? Drink? Any history of illness in the family? Do you eat fast, slow, or normal speed? And a lot of other stuff I don't understand that I just ticked "No" to. Then height and weight. 187 cm and 82 kilos. "Is that okay?" asked the nurse who took the measurements. I don't know. I guess so. Can't really do anything about it if it isn't. A funny thing to ask. Then blood test. Needle into the vein like a junky, and pump out three vials of blood. Then eye test, blood pressure, heart check with electrodes or something, doctor checked my breathing and ticked the file, waist measurement, hearing check, piss into a cup, then a chest x-ray. All within about 5 minutes. We get the results in about a month. It's pretty cool how they do this. Unheard of in Australia. I would like to compare these results with the ones from when I first started here and was a sickly smoking weakling. I'll write a post about it when I get the results.
Today's Katakana word: デリバリーヘルス "delibariiherusu" (lit: Delivery health). This means a call girl business. ヘルス (herusu, or "health") is what they call seedy massage parlours, so of course delivery health is having the service delivered to your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment