Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Round 4.1 Day 22

So it's been two years since I started working out. Man, a lot of hard work. But I sure am glad I did it. What price can you place on having energy all the time, not to mention the years doing this will add to my life (touch wood). But having said that, at this moment I feel like I'm dogging it. If there is one area that hasn't changed all that much, it's diet. I'm sure it's improved, but not much. Certainly less alcohol. I have a can of beer a month, if that. I was having a can or two a day for a while there two years ago. Hardly a drunk, but there you go. To be honest, I think a couple of drinks one night a week would help me loosen up a little, and is something I might try. A couple of strong bourbon and cokes or something. I still drink too much coffee. God, I feel like I've talked about this so many times. I have to get an alternative. Same with the Kitkats. Or at least cut down to one a day, and not four. The point is, I could do better, and I want to do better. But these last two years have been fantastic, and the great thing is I'm free of that fear that every smoker has, something I seriously wondered if I would ever be free of. My hips are still a little tight. I think I might need a little "Bam!" action.

A year ago I was just about to head to Australia to watch the Grand Final. A year already! That was quick. I'm looking forward to this match too, and I hope Collingwood wins, though if St. Kilda wins that's okay too. I just think Collingwood is the better team, and I want the best to win. I still think the Swans had a real opportunity to get to the granny, though I doubt we could have beaten Collingwood. We haven't beat them for years.
I've been watching Tosh.0, a really funny show, and playing a bit of Counter Strike, too. AK-47 is the tool (Don't make me act the mutha fucking fool! - that's for you, Whits). Apart from that, just keeping going. I went for a nice motorcycle ride on Monday, which was a public holiday. Respect for the Aged Day. Fine, as long as they stay out of my way. The roads out back in the mountains are great for riding. Here's a picture.

Anyway, got Killer Abs tonight, then I'm having a coffee with Nori, and then I'll sit down and watch the end of a documentary about Blur and their reunion. I don't know how they stayed together so long with that guitarist they have. He must have been unbearable to be in a band with. Good documentary though. Brought back a few memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment