Sunday, September 19, 2010

Round 4.1 Day 14

A little bit shattered that the Bulldogs beat Sydney. Watching our lead evaporate was somehow worse that when Carlton came back the week before. I think is was because Carlton was playing so well, and Judd was basically going to win the game for them. This week, however, the bulldogs were still playing crap, and their goals were all stinky, but it just seemed like we couldn't counter that smelliness not matter how well we played. They are my new least favourite team, and I hope St Kilda smash them next week. They should. Swans finished fifth, which is about right, and they'll be better next year. Shaw played really well, too. I was actually feeling confident every time he got the ball. Did some good things. Jude Bolton knocked out again, and played great. Maybe it's time to draft O'Keefe though. Didn't do much this year. I like Kirk, toughest player ever, but that toughness has always compensated for his lack of pace and skill. I don't mind that he's going. He could have stayed another year and ended being a joke like twinkle toes Brad Johnson. Bulldogs supporters must hate it when he gets the ball. I think Kirk has overdone the Buddhist warrior thing, but maybe he's pushing for a spot on the Channel 7 boundary team next year and needs to have a brand for the Sydney market. Has his wife been on that Dancing or Celebrity Masterchef or whatever yet? Can see it happening.
So same top four again. Will the result be the same? The only improver is Collingwood.
Moving forward on the workouts. It's still bloody hot here, so they are still sweatfests. Yesterday I did a modified Crossfit workout called Barbara. It's supposed to be 5 rounds of 20 pullups, 30 pushups, 40 situps, and 50 squats with 3 minutes break in between. I did 4 rounds of 10, 20, 30, and 40, but still with 3:00 in between. I did it in 23:37. I was going to do it properly, but there's no way I could have. And I was going to do five rounds, but there's no way I could have, because I'm a pussy. I should have. But after 4 rounds I was a sweaty heap of pissweak lying on the ground, and I couldn't go on.
The food intake has been ordinary. Some doughnuts (Krispy Kreme - worst doughnuts ever - Mr Donuts shits on KK), Kitkats, coffee, usual stuff. The shame has not worked. I need to get dedicated with the food. Shopping tonight to get what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment