Thursday, September 2, 2010

Round 4.1 Day 2

I saw a man running for his life, carrying his infant son, and a bullet rips through him and through his son and they fall to the ground. I saw soldiers tear a girl from her mother, and then incinerate the child and then chop the screaming mother's head off. How can I reconcile what I've seen? How can I just resume a normal life?
I think Rambo: First Blood Part 2 fucked me up when I was a kid, and now Rambo has fucked me up again. Holy shit! Violent much? Great stuff. I'm watching it now. Don't tell me he makes his own knife! Hah! He does. Killin's as easy as breathin'. Tell me about it.
So Yoga went well tonight. Yoga is awesome. If I had to choose one workout to do for the rest of my life, it would be Yoga. Love it. I did Patience Hummingbird from Tony's One on One series. I like this one because the poses are held for longer. Tony's entertaining in it, too.
Let's talk coffee. Specifically, Suntory Boss Cafe au Lait. 190 mls of creamy, sweet coffee. Hot or cold. Cold now, because it's Summer, but in a month or two the vending machines will start offering hot cans, and for a while it will depend entirely on my mood which one I chose. Then, when Winter comes, it'll be hot all the way. So hot I can't hold it a single hand for very long. They cost about AUD$1.20. Awesome value. Hard to give up.
I have my first one when I get to work. I have about 500 mls of water with breakfast, which recently is a piece of toast and a fried egg, so this is my morning pick me up. I'm afraid I'm turning into one of those "Don't talk to me before I've had my cup of coffee" people. ("Only if you don't talk to me after you've had it." - Bill Maher.) Then I have one at lunch, with a few Kitkats. I should probably skip this one, because I get jittery. Then occasionally I'll have another one in the afternoon, though I usually regret it afterwards. I'm having one now because I'm doing overtime.
3 is too many. 2 is probably too many too. I hate to think how much sugar and caffeine is in one of these things. I'll try and find out tonight (I've been warned about my Internet use at work). But then if I cut down to one, that one will become so precious to me that I will never be able to go without, which is the ultimate goal. I might bring in some alternative like milo. But then I just find that I drink the same amount of coffee, and less water. I drink a ton of water every day, 2-3 litres easy. So my shit list hasn't improved yet, but I've only started. My goal is for it to be 1 can and 1 Kitkat. All I have to do is do it, and it's done.
Great line from Mad Men last night. "Nobody knows what's wrong with themselves, but everyone else can see it right away." What a show. After watching shows like Lost and Dexter with their big secrets and cliffhanger finishes I was kind of reluctant to start the 4th season of Mad Men. I forgot how good it was. There are clunky moments, but they only stand out because the rest of the show is so good. It looks this season, all the drinking is starting to catch up with Don. He's a mess.
Shit list: 3! cans of coffee. 4 fun-size Kitkats. 4 Pino.

No comments:

Post a Comment