Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Working Out

Just watching Mad Men. What a great show this is. In this episode, a guy gets his foot sliced up by a ride-on mower during a wild office party. At the hospital, the prognosis isn't good. "The doctors say he'll never golf again." That line must have been hard to say for the actor without laughing. Just a funny show.
On Sunday I felt really awful. I woke up with a headache, and it just hung around all day. If it was a cold, I thought, lets hurry up and get this done so I'm right by next weekend. But then in the evening I felt a lot better, and then I did Yoga and felt awesome, as usual. I don't know what it was for sure, but it was probably hay fever. I'm trying to keep the negative thoughts out, I'm washing my hands like I'm Howard Hughes, taking my multivitamins, and not eating crap. I haven't been sleeping well, however. A couple of late nights watching the football, mosquitoes, Will wetting the bed, Joseph getting a cold and crying all the time, all mean that my sleep has been inconsistent. I need a really good one before the flight Thursday night. I'm getting better at sleeping on planes (if I remember to bring ear plugs), but the best I've done is five hours or so. The plane should only be half full, so hopefully I can stretch out a bit.
The workouts this week have been a bit all over the place. Wednesday was my rest day, Thursday was Burn circuit 2 and CH200 (the sit up workout from P90), but on Friday I was really tired and missed the workout. Saturday was a big one with Burn circuit 3 and Ab Ripper X, but on Sunday i felt shit, like I mentioned earlier, so instead of the scheduled Cardio I did Yoga. Felt better. Then yesterday I did P90M Cardio Intervals and CH200, which was awesome. But then last night I was just gone. We went to the park and Will and I played for ages and I was buggered, and I hit the wall about 9. Straight to bed, but Jo was crying and I couldn't sleep. Gave up at about 12 and went on the Internet. Gary Ablett won the Brownlow. I was really happy about that. So I've got Burn circuit 1 tonight, and then on Wednesday I'm going do a cardio on what is usually my rest day, because I missed the one on Thursday. I kind of want to wear myself out a little bit before the trip too, but not too much.
Tim Lane said once, has there ever been a case of the genius of the father being passed down so completely to his son in the history of the world? or something like that. What was Shakespeare's son like? Dead at 11. Mozart's son? Didn't have one, but if he did, probably couldn't play shit. Einstein's son? One was a professor of hydraulic engineering, the other an institutionalized schizophrenic. Pffft. Losers. Ablett lacks the selfish gene that his father had, but I love watching him play just as much. He moves better than anyone, maybe with the exception of Cooney, and he played awesome on Saturday night. I hope the Cats win the flag. I guess the Saints are every one's sentimental favourites. There's something about them though. I can't want them to win. I was surprised to hear myself barracking for the Bulldogs on the weekend. I don't know why I was doing that. Maybe I think a St Kilda victory would be a victory for boring, cliched "Honestly, I haven't given it (winning the flag) any thought" football? As effective as it is, back half pressure can't be all you need to win a Grand Final. Geelong to destroy Reiwold in the first quarter, and it's all over by three quarter time. My tip, Geelong by eight goals. I'm sure I'm wrong, and it'll be an awesome match.
And I'll be there! Well, near there.

No comments:

Post a Comment