Friday, September 11, 2009

Insanity Cherry

I did my first Insanity this morning. I thought I was in good shape! I could only do about 70% of each exercise before I had to stop. One thing I liked about this workout, as well as there being plenty of eye candy, is that most of the people in the workout (there must be about ten of them doing in behind Shaun T, the trainer) can't do all of the exercises either, so you can actually compete against them and win. Probably the only criticism I have of P90X is that the people doing it with Tony on the DVDs are obviously doing P90X for the third, fourth time and just destroy it. I would much rather see a person in reasonable shape being really challenged, just like I am. Shaun T is pretty good. There's not much chatting, just insanity from start to finish. Doing this workout and failing miserably kind of inspires me to do Insanity around the new year when things have cooled down. I'll definitely check out some of the other Insanity workouts on my cardio days. From what I can see they are all cardio.
Check out the madness.

Will fell on his face while climbing up a slide and loosened his front tooth as well as cutting the inside of his top lip. He's on his way, reluctantly, to the dentist to get it checked out right now.
I'll be in Melbourne in two weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well you got me sold on this Insanity workout, Jim. I agree with you on P90X. Even on my second time through P90X it is discouraging how all the people on there are able to lift more and do more reps than me. I am gonna check out this Insanity, buy holy fuck does that video intimidate me LOL.

    ReplyDelete