Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Round 4.1 Day 64

You may have felt a little different yesterday morning when you woke up. Like something was not quite right. Maybe you thought you were coming down with something, or maybe you had one of those feelings that today was not going to be your lucky day. Well don't worry. It's not about you. It's just that Tiger Woods is no longer the world's best golfer. Lee Westwood is. He has won once this year, once more than Tiger. Welcome back to what golf felt like before Tiger. Boring.
Has a professional athlete ever had a worse year than Tiger has had this year?
My latest theory is this. I think Tiger was seduced by Michael Jordon. I think Michael Jordon enjoyed corrupting Tiger Woods. They have the same kind of personality, they are so competitive. I think Jordon would have taken some delight in watching Tiger be torn down doing stuff that Jordon has gotten away with for years. Early on, Tiger was warned to stay away from Jordon but didn't listen. John Merchant, Tiger's first lawyer, says “I told him, ‘Stay away from that son of a bitch, because he doesn’t have anything to offer to the fucking world in which he lives except playing basketball, which he did yesterday."
What do you do if you're young, and rich, and the best in the world, and hanging out with your hero, and your hero is teaching you how to pick up waitresses and how to gamble millions away in a night and how to keep the wife from knowing, and it's fun and easy and you can't stop? I think that's what happened. I wonder if they are still talking?
Workouts - no dramas. I did spend about $150 last month on crap - kitkats, coffee, chips, etc. Convenience store food, or vending machine food. That's a lot of money. And a lot of fat, sugar, and salt that I'm putting through my body. I'm going to cut that down to half this month, and then cut it out completely in 2011. Okay, maybe a can of coffee occaisionally, but not the three a day I have been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment