Monday, November 29, 2010

Round 4.1 - Day 90

Only a couple off days to go now. Can my body hold out? It is under attack from germs. The bastards got me. I think I'm getting a cold. But I've loaded up on the Vitamin C, and I'm drinking heaps of water, so I'm giving myself every chance. I've stopped drinking dairy too, which has left me mucus free. However, I am not willing to run 5 km non-stop if I'm not feeling well, so we might have to put that one on hold. X-Stretch tonight, and if I feel up to it I have a Chest, Shoulders & Triceps that I owe, and then if I feel up to it tomorrow, the 5 km run. I think that if I'm going to do more running, I'm going to have to buy a small nano ipod. I love my ipod, but it's a behemoth, an anachronism, a weight holding me down. It inhibits me. Maybe it's time to put the old boy to bed, and get me one of those tiny, light ones.
Will had English Play Group yesterday, and loved it as usual. Only a couple of other kids came, and the whole endeavor is kind of fizzing out, but I think it's worth another go at it, so next year we are all going to try again, this time with a little more structure.
Holy shit, only three weeks till we are off to Australia! I can't wait, though I'm a little apprehensive about the flight. Have you experienced the look you get when you walk onto a plane holding an infant? People hate you instantly. I just have to try and relax. Remind me that I have those painkillers from my mole extraction surgery that I never took.
I watched The Next Three Days or whatever it's called, a Russell Crowe film. It's pretty good. I like watching normal people in movies. Not just cops or gangsters or superheroes. I also bought Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday, five bucks from Steam. Man, I can't look at the Steam store without buying something. They always have some sale going on. $5 for one of the biggest and best games of the year? Yes, please. You can't buy the same game in Australia though, because our betters in the Australian Government think we aren't grown up enough to play it. Too gory for our delicate Antipodean sensibilities. If it wasn't for them, you guys in Oz might have played it, and god knows what would have happened. It's lots of fun. I like it when a zombie rushes at me, then I smash the butt of my shotgun into it's face, sending it sprawling back against the wall, and then when it recovers and goes for me again, I blow it's head off. Yea! Dayum!

No comments:

Post a Comment