Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Round 4.1 Day 84

On Friday night I went for a 5 km run, 5 x 1000 m with a 2 minute break in between. This is the distance I'm going to run on the last day of this round, but I'll be doing it non-stop. I'm not sure how I'll go, but, unusual for me, looking forward to the challenge. Sunday I did Just Arms at another local city gymnasium. A little disappointing, not as good as the one I went to last month. They only had dumbbells up to 10 kg. I don't think I'll go there again. It seems all people go there for is to lay about on the stretching mats watching TV. I felt a little embarrassed exerting myself. Saturday I did X-Stretch, and got my nose to my knee doing seated hamstring stretch. First time.
What else did I do? I watched "Buried". Meh. Picked the ending half way through the movie. I played with the boys a lot. Jo Jo is now walking sometimes! Miracle. He can say "ball" too. Not bad for 12 months, except that he's 20 months. William still likes dinosaurs. He's going to bore everyone stupid in Australia. I have visions of people saying "Really? Carnivore? Ok mate, I really have to go now. I - ah, Parasaurolophus? No, I didn't know that" as they slowly back away.
Parasorolophus
Anyway, round 4.1 is almost over, only a week to go. I've enjoyed this one, and I feel really strong. I've broken through the plateau this time, really lifting a lot. The last month especially. So I'm keen to step it up next round after Australia. I might do a little more cardio next time and try to lose a few kilos. Running is okay but it's hard on the ol' hips, so maybe some Insanity again. Now that the temperature has dropped, it's not so scary. I do feel a little heavy though. I've got Legs & Back tonight, then it's the home stretch. I think the key to this round has been the shortened resistance workouts. I've been able to do them in the evening without feeling like I've sacrificed the whole evening, and without getting worn down. An entire P90X workout goes for one hour, and that's without taking breaks, which I like to do, a few minutes here and there. It's too much. A couple of times this round I have done the whole thing, usually on a weekend when I have time, but most of the time it's half workouts. And I have been disciplined. I have only missed one workout, and I plan to catch up on it this week. So that means every workout I scheduled three months ago, I've done. I'm going to reward myself with a trip to the chiropractor to get my neck cracked, because it's feeling a little tight, and I'm getting small headaches occasionally. It's sitting down all day at this fucking desk all day that does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment