Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Week of P90X

I've nearly finished my first week of P90X, and I tell you what, I'm glad I took six months to get ready for it. I don't know how anyone could get straight off the couch and into this. Of course, that's how it's sold in America – infomercial to couch potatoes. I've done P90 and P90 Master, and after 5 days of P90X, I'm struggling to move. The first one, Chest & Back, is awesome. Pushups and pullups. I'm sorry to say that in the whole of round two, I could only manage about 5 pullups. I was just buggered. But when it was over, I had to do Ab Ripper X! Holy shit. 350 situps – 11 exercises, 25 reps each. Some of them my form is so crap I struggled to do ten. The second one was Plyo, which I feared, but was actually quite enjoyable. Easier than the P90 Master Plyo, which was a surprise, because on all of the P90X blogs I read, this is the one everyone hates. Then was Shoulders & Arms, which was awesome. I felt like my arms were going to pop afterwards. Ab Ripper X afterwards was a little improved, but not much. Yesterday was Yoga. original P90X yoga DVD went for 90 minutes, but there were so many complaints that it was so long that Tony made a srhorter version that goes for only 50 minutes. That's the one I did, but I will do the P90X Yoga DVD one week when I have the time, and when I'm better at yoga. It's pretty bloody hard. Tony talks about the benefits of yoga, and how Americans in particular would benefit the most from Yoga. The thing that caught my ear was when he said that it was all about learning to stay calm in difficult positions. That's what I need to do.I've been finding it hard to control my temper recently. I had the month off when Joseph was born, then I worked for a week (three day weeks still) then now I've got another wee and a half off because of Golden Week, which is a bunch of public holidays (kind of like Easter without the religion), so I think I've spent too much time at home and I'm feeling really restless. Sometimes Joseph's crying and Will telling me what he wants to watch on TV, what he wants to eat, drink, where he wants to go, where he doesn't want to go, what he doesn't what to eat etc. gets a little too much for me and I have to bail for few moments. I'm not punching walls or anything like that, but I am finding it harder to calm down and brush it all off. Hopefully yoga will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment